I'm sure by now you've seen all over blogland that Saturday, October 4th is World Card Making Day! (For details about the history go here). Kitchen Sink Stamps is going to be hosting a day of challenges - there will be 7 in all - and you have a chance to win beautiful handmade prizes as well as a grand prize of KSS Stamps!
Sound good? Ok, here's what you need to know. Challenges begin at 11:00 a.m. EST and here is the schedule:
2. Please link your completed challenge cards to the KSS blog for entry in the drawings. Deadline for entry in any of the challenges is Sunday at Noon EST and the winners will be announced later that evening.
3. The winner for each challenge will receive a prize made and donated by the challenger and will be randomly drawn and announcement Sunday evening.
4. All entries from all challenges will have a chance to win the 2 KS stamp sets: Ready 4 Any Holiday and The Limited Edition set - A year of Thanks.
5. Those who enter using 100% Kitchen Sink Stamps will also be automatically entered in Oct.'s What's Cooking Contest. The theme this month is "Getting ready for the Holidays" which means all our challenges will require you to make some sort of holiday card/project (for any of the holidays in the next 3 months).
6. We'd love to encourage you to donate your cards to your favorite charity or organization. If you don't have one, contact your local hospital or Red Cross for suggestions or check out the Cards for soldiers thread on SCS.
I think that covers it! Ok, to get you in a little holiday, card-making mood . . . here's a card I made using 3 Step Turkey Trot. Can you believe how real that turkey looks?! I used some pretty Webster's Pages paper and a gold paint pen to spruce up the embossed edge of my panels. The sentiment is from Vintage Words - one of my new "go to" sentiment sets!
Here's my recipe for the turkey (all inks are available in the KSS store: Step 1 - Desert Sand (Memento), Step 2 - Rich Cocoa, Ladybug Red (for his beard) (Memento), Step 3: Starlite Black, Pearlescent Poppy (Brilliance).
I hope you can join us tomorrow for the fun!! I'll have my challenge ready at 2 pm so see you then! :)
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Very Vanilla (SU!), Patterned Paper: Classical Garden Full Bloog (Webster's Pages), Stamps: 3 Step Turkey Trot, Vintage Words (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink: Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa, Ladybug Red (Memento), Starlite Black, Pearlescent Poppy (Brilliance), Accessories: Corner Rounder punch, gold brads (SU!), Nestablities, Ribbon (May Arts), Gold paint pen