Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 4, 2008

My WCMD Challenge to YOU

Good Afternoon and welcome to my portion of Kitchen Sink Stamps World Card Making Day Celebration!! Have you completed all the challenges so far? Here is the list of challengers again so you can keep track:

Nicole - 11 am
Tammy - 12 noon
Dee - 1 pm
Julie (that's ME) - 2 pm
Lori - 3 pm
Tracy - 4 pm
Maria - 5pm

To see all the rules, deadlines and grand prize details please see this post or this post. My challenge prize for one lucky winner is this cute altered acorn I made last month using Say It With Letters acorn shape and Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 Step Autumn Squirrel stamp set!

Ok, on to the challenge . . . my challenge to you is to create a card or project using BLING!! I love using gems, glitter and basically anything sparkle-y! So now I want to see what you come up with - remember all our challenges today must be holiday cards (for any holiday coming in the next 3 months).

Here are 2 cards I made using BLING! The first one uses Playful Christmas, Backgrounds & Borders (the patterned stamped on the tree which happen to match the dp perfectly!) and Never A Loss 4 Words. I love this set - it's so versatile, you can create lots of different looks with it! (remember you can click on the pictures to view them larger).

Cardstock: Sweet Blush, White (Papertrey Ink), Real Red (SU!), Patterned Paper: DCWV, Stamps:F Playful Christmas, Backgrounds & Borders, Never A Loss 4 Words (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink: Versamark, Wild Wasabi (SU!), Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink) Accessories: Pink ep, gem brad ( Target), Dimensionals, Star gem, Nestabilities

For the next card I wanted to use a completely different style to show that BLING goes with anything!! :) I used 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe for this card and some pretty Webster's Pages paper. Since the paper has text on it I could stamp the pretty holly and not worry about a sentiment. The pretty sparkles here are Swaroski crystals!

Cardstock: Green & Red (Bazzill), Very Vanilla (SU!), Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages, Stamps: 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe, Ink: Spring Moss (PTI), Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive (SU!), Sweet Blush (PTI), Ruby Red (SU!) Rhubarb Stalk (Memento) Accessories: Velvet Ribbon (May Arts), Nestabilities, sewing machine, Swarovski crystals, Dimensionals

I cannot wait to see what you all create! Be sure to link your cards to the KSS blog in order to qualify for my prize as well as be entered in the grand prize drawing!! The deadline for entry is Sunday at noon EST!! I'd also like to take the opportunity to encourage you to donate any of the cards you make today to the charity of your choice. If you do not have a place, please see this thread on SCS regarding donating cards to soldiers serving in Iraq.

Your next challenge will come from Lori at 3 pm! Happy World Card Making Day!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm like a squirrel! I love BLING! I can hardly wait to play with you on this challenge! Thank you for the gorgeous examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie!! I really LOVE the Holly card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you really know how to put it together - these are stunning, perfect christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie!

    just wanted to wish you a Happy World Card Making Day. Thanks for all the ongoing inspiration and sharing your art with us.

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, these are so nice. Your bling is great on both cards. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful! I love bling and I love that particular Christmas tree! Gorgeous cards Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so wonderful, Julie!! Fantastic Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a pointsettia card for your challenge. Thanks for the fun!
    http://stampingwithjanice.blogspot.com/
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful Julie!! Fabulous Christmas cards! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both Gorgeous Jules!! Great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! These holiday cards are GORGEOUS Julie...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card. Love these colours together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover