Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 12, 2008

Prettie Wednesday

Hello again! I'm excited about today's Prettie Wednesday challenge because I actually got this done on time this week! :) Two weeks ago Jana challenged us to make "anything but a card" - no rules, just something other than a card. Oh the possibilities . . . what should I make??!


Here's what I decided on. Back in November 07 Nicole made this adorable little Coaster Mini Book for SCS VSBN (Virtural Scrapbooking Night). I have wanted to try one for so long and this seemed like the perfect opportunity! My project was going to Joanne this week so that made my choice of papers pretty easy - Scenic Route. I know she LOVES it as much as I do (maybe more!). I chose 2 pieces of paper from my Charlotte pack and got to work. Nicole's step-by-step tutorial was so easy to follow.

I purposely kept the album pretty plain for a couple of reasons. One, I know Joanne has 2 boys so I didn't want this to get too girly, and two, I wanted her to be able to embellish it and fix it up to suit her taste.

On the cover I used a Maya Road Chipboard Blossom flower that I covered in cardstock. (I am working on a mini tutorial of some fun things to do with these chipboard flowers - watch for that soon!) I stamped "my boys" on some dp using my alphabet from SU!, punched it out with a 3/4" punch and covered it with a Page Pebble.

On the inside I didn't do too much either. I simply cut out the two letters (for Jo's 2 boys) and added them to the little accordian foldout "albums". I really loved the final result and I hope Joanne does too! I know she's going away next week with her hubby so I thought this would be a cute little way for them to have their boys pictures with them!

Last week Christie challenged us to make a shaker card - how fun!! If you make one let us know - we want to see!! This week is my turn to post a challenge. Since I had so much fun with this little project and at the risk of seeming redundant (I did this challenge last fall) and of getting Charmaine upset with me (LOL!), my challenge is to use CHIPBOARD - you all have it, love to buy it, collect it. hoard it . . . never use it! Get it all out and make something fabulous - a card, a 3-d object, whatever, just get over that fear of chipboard! (My little tutorial will hopefully help too!) Have fun with it! :)

Cardstock: Scenic Route dp (Charlotte Collection), Bazzill (I think it may be Burning Ember), Stamps: Rough Edges Alphabet, Inks: Burnt Umber Palette, Accessories: Bella Baubles, Lace, Chocolate taffeta (SU!), Maya Road Chipboard Blossoms I, Page Pebbles, Vanilla grosgrain

12 comments:

  1. Love this, that lace is fantastic, what a great coaster book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it? I TOTALLY LOVE IT! I was so thrilled to open my mail and find this beauty. Its totally perfect! I can't believe all the wonderful details! YOu're such a good friend!

    Chipboard - oh thank you, a challenge I can totally get behind. You know I lovee the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable. I love the colors. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're killin me with the chipboard!!! This book is adorable and I'm sure Jo LOVES it!!! Great job Jules!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this album...VERY cute!!! And chipboard...love it! I always need some nudging to use it so this is perfect, thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Julie! Chipboard! Oh no! hee hee. . .I'm not mad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute!!! I totally love it!!! Thanks for sharing!! I will have to get out my chipboard and make something with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book is sooo pretty, Julie! I'm lovin' it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable Julie!! I made this for a mommy and me workshop and it was a HUGE hit! I love the colors you used, very very cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah! I'm so jealous of Joanne for receiving this beauty. I love the lace trim. And you're right, not too girly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! I love the colors and the trim on the front is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover