Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 15, 2007

Rainy Thursday

Good morning all!! We've got lots of great comments going on my Birthday Blog Candy post - if you haven't entered take a look and post a comment!

Today is warm but rainy and yuck! Very dreary here. I am supposed to go away this weekend with a girlfriend for some shopping and much needed R&R. Now the weatherman is saying Nor'easter - big snowstorm . . . but do I care??? No!! I keep telling my DH, "Nothing's going to stop me!" We'll see, but I really want to go - send me warm weather wishes for no snow!

Yesterday's SCS Sketch Challenge was such a nice layout I decided to give it a try. I also had been wanting to try Colleen's Mother of Pearl technique - check out her great tutorial! It was hard to photograph this card so that the mother of pearl background didn't glare, but IRL it looks so pretty!! If you have any Lumiere, try this technique, it's so easy and really looks very elegant. I brayered over my Lumiere with Certainly Celery and then just a tiny bit of Barely Banana for some contrast.

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Glossy White
Stamps: Flower Garden
Inks: Stazon Black, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Accessories: Lumiere, Brayer, Dimensionals, Silver Brads, Clear & White EP (for the brads), Prima flowers, Watercolor brush

I'm very partial to green hydrangea's as I had them in my wedding. They are just so subtle and pretty. I'm really happy with the way this card turned out! Today's Ways To Use It Challenge is to use die-cuts, not sure I'll be doing that since I have thus far resisted the urge to buy a Cuttlebug. Do I really need another tool???? I love all the cards I've seen with them, and I'd really like to make some of those giant paperclips with the die-cuts, but . . . I'm still unsure, I'm mean I've lived this long without one right? :) So what do you think? Do I need a Cuttlebug??

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you need one. I just bought one (oh, the deal I got!!!) and I'm in love. The embossing plates alone are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your card is absolutely stunning! (Isn't this background fun to do?) I love how you used the celery AND bananna for contrast...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I must try this technique and soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover