Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 7, 2007

Str-e-t-ch-ing!

Ok, so we all have our comfort zones, right? I mean some people hate to tear paper (you know who you are!), some can't be bothered with cutting things out (right Tash?), some don't like to watercolor but prefer markers, the list could go on and on. What don't you do very often, what makes you stressed out to try? Leave a comment and let's start a list.

I think that every once in a while we have to try something new - take a stretch and see where it leads! And the recent color and sketch challenges on SCS were both stretches for me! The color challenge was to use Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom and Cool Caribbean. Now I know that sounds like an odd combination, but some of the cards done were beautiful! Here was what I came up with - also using today's sketch challenge. I think the colors didn't come out very well in my photograph, it actually doesn't look as dark in real life. I used Chocolate Chip for the card and stamped it and the Blush Blossom strip with SU's Paisley background stamp. I used Natural Beauty for the flower and the words and used my markers for the words. I also used my word window punch and vintage brads. So after I finished this I thought "it's ok, but I can do better." So I ditched the idea of mixing the 2 challenges and tried the card sketch again.

For this card, I used Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa cardstock. The patterned paper is more of my new Basic Grey paper from the Lilykate collection (don't you love it!!) The stamp set is Polka Dots & Paisleys from the soon-to-arrive Spring mini catalog and it just seemed to coordinate perfectly with the Lilykate paper. I used Celery and Chocolate grosgrain ribbon and also the slot punch to time my ribbons on at the top.

Once I finished the card I liked it a lot. I found the hardest point was that little brown piece at the top - it was an element in the sketch to include a 3rd piece there, and I played with it for quite a while.

The weather is still frigid here, but the sun is out so as I type the sun in warming my back through the window. I can envision spring - it's only what, 40 or so days away?! Stay warm & keep stamping!

1 comment:

  1. These are both terrific! You did such a better job than I with the CC and SC...it was a bit of a challenge! Plus, I love the color combo on the second one...it is case-worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover