Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 1, 2012

July Challenge at Oozak.com

Good morning!  I'm so tickled to be sharing my very first project as part of the Oozak.com Design Team today!!  If you haven't already, you must check out the fabulous Oozak blog where there is a brand new challenge each month with a super prize available. AND if you're in a shopping mood, Oozak.com is a great place to get lots of great supplies!  I've been buying my Copic markers there for a few years now - they have great prices, super fast service, free shipping for orders over $50 and a terrific selection of all the products we crafters have to have!

But now, let's talk challenge!  The theme for July's challenge is Bright Colors!  Now it's totally up to you how you choose to interpret the challenge, but you must have FUN!  I had so much fun making my card - bright colors are really my favorites, I love happy, sunny shades! 




I used Lunar Lights from Lawn Fawn (seriously check out the cuteness of all the Lawn Fawn stamps!!).  The patterned paper in the background is from Hello Summer by Echo Park and it was simply pieced together by cutting up lots of wedges and then trimming it into a rectangle.




After I colored the lanterns with Copic Markers (Red: R24, R27, R29, Blue: B32, B24, B39) I added some texture and interest using Colorless Blender Fluid.  For the red lantern, I just dripped the blender fluid right from the bottle in big splotches.  Once it dried, I repeated the process until I liked the look - I was going for a "tie-died/blotchy" look!  For the blue lantern I used a small piece of a textured paper towel soaked with blender fluid and patted right onto the colored image. Click on the card to get a closer look at the texture!  


Head over to the Oozak.com blog for a peek at what the other DT members have made and to check out this month's prize! I hope I'll see your entry there - you have all month to play along!  

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover