Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 9, 2010

Double

Good morning!  It's been so so hot here I haven't been able to stamp as much as I'd like too but I did squeeze in a bit of time yesterday when the heat broke for a few hours (don't you feel bad for me - lol!)  Seriously, I've had this little pile of My Favorite Things stamps sitting in front of me just begging to be inked.  Make Mine a Double seemed appropriate due to the heat and even though the July 4th holiday was over I was inspired to use red, white & blue for my card.



I stamped her on a MFT Perfect Panel - have you tried those?  I love the weight of them and how beautifully they take ink from Copics!  I stamped her several times and colored and cut out her "denim" dress.  Once it was cut out I ran it through using MFT's Grosgrain Texture Plate (sorry I can't find it on the site, perhaps it's on re-order!).  I love the subtle texture it gave to the dress - very much like denim!! Fun!!  I also colored and cut out the ice cream cone and her hand so that they wouldn't be sunken below the dress - lol!

I used two different patterned papers to make a wide stripe at the bottom and sewed that down around the whole edge of the card.  Then as I was searching for the perfect ribbon I found my stash of the girls old jeans so I cut a thin strip and adhered it around the card.  It still needed something since it was too thick to tie so, being inspired by seeing all the fabulous rolled flowers the MFT girls have made using their new Rolled Flower die, I made several denim rolled flowers.  Using denim makes a nice tight flower!


That's all for me today - we're headed to the lake after a busy, busy week for some swimming and fishing!  You have to enjoy it while you can, right?!  *wink*  Have a great weekend my friends and thanks so much for visiting! :)

Cardstock:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink), White Perfect Panel (My Favorite Things), Red (Gina K Designs), Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon and Papertrey Ink, Stamps: Make Mine A Double (My Favorite Things), Ink: Memento, Accessories:  Nestabilities, foam adhesive, rhinestones (Taylors Tiny Twinkles), sewing machine, Copic markers, Grosgrain Texture Plate (My Favorite Things), Clean Glaze pen

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Love how you incorporated the denim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!! This is adorable! Omgosh that denim is fabulous and those flowers are SUPER DARLING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are stunning - denim I would have never thought! What a sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simply fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super sweet! I love MFT Pure Innocence stsamps. And those rolled flowers from jean material are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CA-ute!!!!!!!!!! I love the red, white and blue combo for this little sweetie and the denim flowers...brilliant AND gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red, white and blue! And that image is so cute!!! LOVE the denim...adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, the denim flowers...to die for!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable. I love this denim look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover