Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 8, 2009

October Afternoon Meets CAS

Good morning!! This will be my last "live" post - tomorrow is the BIG day!  I survived the amnio yesterday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had been anticipating.  The results came this morning and everything looks great so we're looking forward to meeting this baby tomorrow - we'll keep you posted!! :)


I whipped up a quick card last night using this week's FTL #62 from Clean & Simple Stamping. I wasn't sure at first how I was going to incorporate some stamps and I'm not much for making a card with just paper . . . but then I remembered this super cute set I got from October Afternoon several weeks ago!! I've been so busy, I haven't had time to ink it up! It's part of the Road Map collection and I love all the funky, retro designs! What a great travel journal this set and the papers would make!!

Since the stamps are clear I was able to bend my sentiment stamp around the large scallops and stamp it repeatedly . . . kinda like the droning on of the actualy question when the children keep asking, "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" LOL!  And how about that car? Love it!  I colored in the headlights and did a bit of shading before I added some crystal glaze to the headlights and windshield.  Just to finish it up I added some thin yellow stitched ribbon (I altered the color slightly with a Copic marker).

Thanks for visting today!  I'll have some pre-made posts for you over the next couple of days and next week just so you don't get too bored here - remember there's a KSS release on Monday!  Have a great day!

Cardstock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper: Dew Drop Inn, Shady Lane RV Park (Road Map Collection, October Afternoon), Stamps: Road Map Clear Stamps (October Afternoon), Ink:  Olympia Green (Versafine), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Accessories:  Diamond Glaze (Judekins), ribbon (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card!!

    Best of luck with your delivery. I will be thinking of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! Hope your day goes well tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you Julie!!

    Your card is so fun with the rolling hills and glossy car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoooooo! I'm so excited for you and your family! Best wishes. I'll be thinking of you all day. Oh yea super cute card. Love the bumpy text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll be thinking about you...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Can't wait to meet your new little one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover