Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Nov 12, 2008

Prettie Scored One Layer Wednesday

Hello again! Are you having a good week? I hope so!! Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to make a one layer (or is it no layer?) card using some type of scoring as an embellishment. I really had fun with this challenge - and I went a little crazy as you'll see! :)

I used another one of the new sets from Paper Pretties, Worship the King. I absolutely love how you can get the whole cast of the Nativity and mix and match your characters! I felt that these kings needed a very royal card so out came the glitter and flocking (on the edge of the red robe) and Spica pens (gold crown, box, coins, jewels) and Swarovskis and Liquid Pearls (jar)!!

As you can see I stamped the image on Kraft cardstock - just for something a little different - and colored the kings with Copic markers.For the scoring, I used my new Scor-Pal to create an elongated diamond grid between 2 vertical scored lines. I then used my Quickie glue pen to color in the diamonds and sprinkled on the glitter (2 different colors)! At each intersection I placed a red Swarovski crystal.

This was a fun little experiment that I think could lead to many more applications - why not give it a try?! Be sure to let me know if you do! :) Now go check out what the other Prettie Girls have done and see what our new challenge will be:
Charmaine
Jessie
Danielle
Jodi
Jillian
Jackie
Jackie P.
Jessica

Have a great day!

Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: Adore Him (Paper Pretties), Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Accessories: Scor-Pal, Glitter (SU! and Martha Stewart), Liquid Pearls, Spica Pens, Copic Markers, Swarovski crystals, Fun Flock (Stampendous)

15 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the scoring and all the extra bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Julie! I LOVE it on Kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so wowed by your glittered pattern. And those details (liquid pearls, flocking, etc) stand out even more on the kraft cs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules this card is breathtaking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Jules! Love it and LOVE how the score lines came out w/ the glittery diamonds! Your coloring is just gorgeous, too! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! Love how you did it on Kraft, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! The kraft is awesome and I love all that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow.....this is fabulous, Jules!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoo Hooo! Jules, this is fan-flippin-tastic!! LOVE the glittery diamond pattern....wowsa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this, Julie! I love the one layer and the coloring and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet, and I love the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Look at that border-that is way too fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Fabulous one layer...the diamond grid is genious and looks amazing with the glitter! Love your little wisemen..the copics colour with such fabulous intensity even on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!! So sparkly and delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover