Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 1, 2008

Fool for You!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I made it through the weekend of taxes and am pretty much ready to file them - yeah!! Having a baby was a very good thing last year - love those child credits!! :) The only downside was that I didn't have any time to stamp (ok I did a little bit but that's not what I have today).

I think the taxes sucked the mojo out of me - I had a really hard time stamping last night (forget about yesterday during the day!). So, I turned to Julee and her Mojo Monday Sketch 31 in hopes for some help. The sketch is really great this week, I may have to try it again but here's what I came up with. I used some new American Crafts paper that I bought at Emma's Paperie. The colors are fun aren't they?! I did have a problem embellishing the card though - everything I tried just didn't work. I ended up just using the one felt flower and brad and then used some red Fun Flock on the red polka dots (which is hard to pick up in the photo).

I colored the image from Sealed with a Kiss from Paper Pretties with my Copic markers (I had to use a couple SU! markers for colors that I don't have in Copics yet). Lexi's necklace and earrings are filled in with Liquid Pearls. I thought it'd be cute with a sentiment like "I'm a fool for you" for April Fool's Day but I ended up just using the "Pucker Up" sentiment from the set which fit better. :) I'd love to hear if you have any ideas for this card, I still think it might need something??!! Hhhmm, maybe paper piercing?

I got another fun birthday card over the weekend. This is from Florence, over at Flossie's Follies. Not only does she have a great blog but she is the Queen of Comments - always leaving sweet comments on everyone's blogs! :) Thanks so much Florence - I love the cute little birdie babies!! :)

It's a big of a dreary day here today, but it's supposed to reach the 50's so the big melt is on - yea!! Have a great day! :)

Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, WW, American Crafts dp (Cereal and PB&J from Kids collection), Stamps: Sealed with a Kiss, Ink: Palette Noir, Accessories: Felt flower (SU!) Brad (Queen & Co.), Dimensionals, Nestabilities, Copics, Liquid Pearls, Spica pen, Red Fun Flock

12 comments:

  1. Love your card, your mojo is still there. Glad that my card arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Julee's sketch did the trick. Your mojo's flowing. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mojo card is beautiful - wow!! I had such a hard time with this sketch, and you made it look easy!! I totally love this card!!

    I get to do taxes today.....uggghhh.....

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card, I still need to get this set!! Love the colors and paper. I had a hard time with this sketch too. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very cute, and I see no missing mojo at all!! Love the pretty papers and your coloring!!

    Flossie's card is so darling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are cute...I like the colours and especially the ribbon on the card with the baby birds. Good on ya for getting your taxes done...that's something I'm "aiming" to do this spring break....Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are cute...I like the colours and especially the ribbon on the card with the baby birds. Good on ya for getting your taxes done...that's something I'm "aiming" to do this spring break....Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to tell you how awesome your creations are...I just love, love your work! I also wanted to tell you that I tagged you. Would love it if you can play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, your card is super sweet! Great DP ;) Love AC...lol

    Wonderful RAK too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! I am sure it is a relief to have the taxes finished too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable Pucker Up card! So bright and fun. . .and I love your bday card from Flo! Isn't she the sweetest?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love the little squares on that paper. I've been muddling my way through taxes all week, and it definitely is a mojo drain. Glad yours are done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover