Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 31, 2007

A Scary Challenge!

It's Wednesday so that means Prettie Girl Challenge time! Two weeks ago Joanne challenged us to do something that scared us - use an image we haven't used yet, a color we hardly ever use, a technique we are afraid of trying - just do something that would stretch you!

I combined a few things to come up with this card. First of all I used a stamp that I have had for several months but have not used. I actually won this cute Amuse ligerie stamp during Amuse-a-palooza but just didn't have any ideas for cards with it! So, I also got these great Karen Foster snap stamps on ebay several weeks ago (again, until now unused) and thought these will be perfect for a sentiment for this stamp! Finally, you saw last week our results with the bouncing brayer technique - I decided to try that again since it seems to take some practice.

So, the combination of those 3 things resulted in this "scary" card for my DT buddy Jillian - cute, huh? I covered the main image with Dazzling Diamond glitter and used my scrumptious Strano brown velvet ribbon (LOVE it!!!). What did you do that scared you? Did you participate in this challenge? We'd love to see it - send me a link in your comment! Today's challenge will be issued by , and remember my challenge last week was to use chipboard on a card - get out ALL that chipboard you've been hoarding and USE it!! Check out the other Prettie Girl's blogs (Alli, Charmaine, Christie, Joanne, Jillian, Julie Campbell, Kristine) today to see what scared them!

Only 1 more day until the release of 4 NEW Holiday stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps!! Check out the changing banner above this post and click over to the KSS blog for a few sneak peaks (in some older posts). These stamps are SOOOOOO GREAT - you're going to love them! Be watching SCS's banner ads for exciting news about them tomorrow and for your chance to get them first!

Have a Happy Pagen Holiday (just a little halloween humor for you!) everyone! :)

6 comments:

  1. Good for you bouncing that brayer again! (I think I'm sworn off brayer bouncing after my ridiculous card last week!!) You're so good at it, this is super cute. Jillian is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this Julie! It turned out WONDERFULLY! Love that bouncing brayer effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You ARE brave! I have to say that the bouncing brayer technique was SCARY for me! LOL! I am NOT good at it!

    I love your card! The lingerie, the color (LOVE pink!), the sentiment... it's all really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this turned out GREAT! I like what you did with it! I'm glad you got over the scary bit...because your card is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to try the bouncing brayer...Yes I'm chicken!!! Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job with the technique!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover