Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 10, 2007

Baby on the Brain

Today's SCS Color Challenge was to use Basic Black, Real Red and Sage Shadow. How interesting, huh?? Well, Emily of Stamping and Stuff, the one who chooses the color challenges has some beautiful samples she created using some designer papers with those colors. I was intrigued, so I decided to give it a try.


Sorry for the bad photo . . . I received this set, Bundle of Joy from the Spring mini, a couple of weeks ago but had not used it yet. I thought sage would make a good baby card and since my teddy bear as a child was a panda bear I thought it would be perfect! I'm not sure I'm completely happy with how the card turned out, I think I work better in the morning or late at night. Since I was stamping at naptime, I think I needed a nap! :) But, I do like the color combo though and I love the little panda. I added his little heart by inking the heart with a marker and using an aquapainter to blend the color around. Oh, one thing I have to mention is that I used the Watercolor Wonder crayons neutral pack to color the panda and I'm very happy to report that the black is truly blank, not purple like when you use the stamp pad. That's worth the $9.95 right there! :)

Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, Real Red, WW
Stamps: Bundle of Joy
Inks: Basic Black, Black Stazon, Real Red marker, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Red & Black gingham, Slot punch, Corner Rounder punch, Paper Piercing template, White Gel pen, Aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons- neutrals

My doctor's appointment went well yesterday - quickly but well. I was 35 weeks on Sunday and measured 36 weeks yesterday so hopefully that means I'll go early (not just that I've gained too much weight! LOL)! Can I get all of you to pray for May 1st?? :)

Have a great night everyone - I'll be back tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Pray for a MayDay baby? You got it! What names do you have picked out?

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia! Love the scallops on both sides...will have to try that. And here's hoping for a May Day baby for you!!

    Huggs!
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A may day baby would be wonderful! Super cute card. I've got this set, and eesh, havent trimmed it yet. Ouch. Have to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying GF May 1st May 1st May 1st Can you feel it ... Julia I so love your teddy bear tuned into a panda bear .. such a sweet card ..Love it .. Please keep us all posted ..
    xoxox
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover