Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 21, 2007

New Toys!

Ok, I did it . . . I finally bought a Cuttlebug!! I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and AC Moore had a 50% off coupon so I took the plunge. They didn't have a great selection of embossing folders but I did get one A4 size and one pack of smaller ones. I also got 2 die packets - one to make those cute little paperclips.

So this was my first use of the Cuttlebug. I wanted to give yesterday's SCS Color Challenge a try. It was to use Really Rust, Brocade Blue and Marigold Morning. The colors look so pretty together! I embossed a little square frame for my small flower and sentiment - what a cool thing that is!! I'm pretty pleased with this card overall - I was also using today's Card Sketch, I just turned it sideways.

Cardstock: Marigold Morning, Really Rust, Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Stamps: Delight in Life
Inks: Marigold Morning, Really Rust, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Blue & Gold grosgrain ribbon

After I finished this card, I wanted to try more "cuttling" and since I just received my Bunny Hugs set I tried that out as well.

I just love the flower die cuts, I can see using that a lot and this embossing folder is pretty cute too. The little bunny is so much fun! I've seen some really cute "chocolate bunny" cards done that I can't wait to case!

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Lavendar Lace, Whisper White
Stamps: Bunny Hugs
Inks: Black Stazon
Accessories: Celery grosgrain, liquid applique, Cuttlebug, brads, Clear & white EP, CM oval cutting system

Time to do some cleaning, put the children to nap and do some reading with my oldest, she'll be the one reading. It's so much fun when they start to read and try to figure out words on their own! How amazing to see their little brain work! By the time the new baby is old enough to listen, Emma will be able to read to "it." :) Sorry, can't give it away! LOL!

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie I love that bunny set it is so cute and pretty isn't it. Bet you're having a ball now with your cuttlebug aren't you!!! See now you need to make a card using the paperclips die cause have not seen that one before me thinks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards!! I have yet to cave and buy a Bug...but I'm weakening! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I really love that Cuttlebug background with the Easter set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover