Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 5, 2007

Have I ever told you that I LOVE designer papers! I have always tried to stay very far away from the craft stores and their aisles of beautiful papers knowing that I would spend waaaayyyy too much money on paper. Well, just because I don't go to the craft stores, doesn't mean I live under a rock! :) I have been spending some time reading other stamper's blogs and have seen so many beautiful things that I decided to venture out and try some non-SU products. (I still remain a very loyal demo and SU user, but you don't only eat one kind of chocolate do you???)One thing I've fallen in love with is Basic Grey papers. They are so refreshing and different and the colors seem to coordinate with my SU! cardstock fairly well.

So, for today's card I decided to use some of my new paper. I took the card sketch from another great source, Heartfelt Greetings "Super Sketch Saturday" posting. Amy's sketch just seemed perfect for patterned paper!

I used SU!'s Cranberry Crisp for the card and layered the Basic Grey paper from the "Blush" collection on Cool Caribbean. I stamped the card with my Linen background stamp and did some direct-to-paper with my Cranberry stamp pad to "dirty" up the cardstock a bit. I used SU's cranberry crisp stitched grosgrain ribbon and Warm Words for the sentiment. I used lots of dimensionals to make the square and hearts pop out a bit and I used some cardboard packaging to layer the papers on for a faux chipboard look. All the other patterned paper is also from the Blush collection. I purchased a 6x6 Paper Pad of this collection from from Eclectic Paperie. These paper pads are so great - you get two 6x6 pieces of each patterned paper in the collection - perfect for card layering. Oh, and BTW, I ordered them Wednesday morning and received them on Saturday - all the way from California! Eclectic Paperie is apparently a very new company and they've impressed me so far! (this is also where you can get the chipboard coasters, remember?)

So let me know what you think. It's freezing cold here today - below 10 degrees I think! We're staying warm by the fire - hope you are too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Love the card you made using the sketch I posted this past weekend! And you are a girl after my own heart....I am a Basic Grey addict--I simply cannont get enough......if CHA is any indication, Basic Grey has oodles of new designs coming out this spring....which means....I'm going to go broke!!!! Thanks for reading my blog, I'll put a link to yours on my as well. Have a great day!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super...I love this whole blush collection but will go nowhere near my LSS since I blew it all on SAB. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover