Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 16, 2013

TCP Tuesday in July!

Good morning!  It's a hot one here, and everywhere from what I see on the news!  I hope you all are finding ways to stay cool - we're headed to the lake again.  It's really the only place to be when the temps are 90+!  :)

First though I wanted to get in on the July TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas!! This month's challenge is pretty straightforward and you all should be able to participate.  The challenge is to use a tag in your project, the only catch is the tag must be homemade, using a diecut or freehand, just no store-bought tags.

This little project is one I made with pictures of our vacation to NY last summer.  It's a paper bag album, so quick and easy to make. I used tons of TCP stamps and CutUps dies which made it super easy.  Plus, you could cut all the diecuts and tags (using the Luggage Tags CutUps dies) ahead of time and make this as you go!  What a great project for the children to participate in.


As you can see, on the cover I used a map as my background and one of the Luggage Tag CutUps dies.  I used the Talk To Me CutUps dies to make a stencil and sponged the shapes on the tag (more on that another time, have you tried that??).  The Summer Sayings and Small Sayings stamp sets from TCP gave me lots of great options for sentiments throughout the whole album!!

I won't add all the pictures but here a just a few that used more tags!


On this page I used the tag as a little journaling card.  I made the tag using the Toppers CutUps set and added a heart die on the top from the Talk To Me CutUps.


Here again, I used the Luggage Tag CutUps die and the heart die together for a unique tag.


Here's another tag used in a different way.  The inclusion is a store-bought tag, but I used the Luggage CutUps die and made a stencil which I then used to sponge onto the tag.  It gives you a nice place to do some journaling!

So, head over to Alma's blog and the TCP Member Forum at SCS for all the details on the challenge!! We'd love to see what you come up with!! Stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use the CutUps as stencils. It's just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover