Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jun 24, 2013

Sail On!

Good Monday morning!  I hope you all enjoyed a nice weekend and are ready for the brand new week ahead, I know I am!  It's supposed to be hot and steamy here and we have some fun family activities planned!

But first, it's Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday and I'm here to share the another of the new KSS release sets, Sailboats.  This is a great mini set - a nice way to give KSS stamps a try if you're hesitant!  A great set for masculine cards, for your sailor friends, for those who love the water and it's a great add-on set for the Lighthouses set!


I played along with the Mix Ability Challenge at SCS this week for this card.  The challenge was to use some bold colors and then tone them down a bit with gesso or white paint.  There's a great video along with the challenge - check it out.  I basically used the technique from the video, it was so fun and gave me just the look I was going for!


I used only the Step 1 stamp from Sailboats to stamp my silhouette sailboats.  The sun was stamped with the sunflower center from Multi-Step Sunflowers.

Thanks for stopping in today, be sure to visit the rest of the KSS Crew and have a great Monday!

Connie • Lisa • Lynn • Maria • Tammy



Cardstock:  (White) Neenah, (Black) Papertrey Ink, Stamps: (Sailboats, Multi-Step Sunflowers) Kitchen Sink Stamps, Ink: (Salty Sea, Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey) Ranger, (Black) Accessories: Jute twine, Tools: White craft paint, (Craft sheet) Ranger

2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous, Julie! This sweet set is so perfect with the lighthouse as well as the palm trees!! What a great addition to the new release!

    Awesome knot, as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, Julie! So serene and summery! Love the addition of the twine! Hope that you and yours had a Happy 4th of July! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover