Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

May 7, 2013

May TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Hello!! It's the first Tuesday of  May (seriously!!??!!) and so that means it's time for a new TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas!  Last month's ode to flowers brought out so many of your gorgeous creations, I hope we've started a trend! *wink*

This month Alma's challenged us to get our CAS (clean and simple) on which is one thing I love!!  Now I truly appreciate those who can make a gorgeously loaded card with just the right amount of "stuff".  You know people like that, however I am not one of them!  I'm a pretty CAS girl at heart so I love this challenge - and I cannot wait to see new and exciting cas ideas and layouts from you all!


My card today was so much fun to make! I actually made it for a class I taught several weeks ago I just haven't shared it yet.  I used Sock It To Me from The Cat's Pajamas of course but it all starts with a fun and easy background!  To make a watercolor/splatter wash background I simply used my reinkers slightly watered down and a straw.  Just load up your straw with a bit of color and blow it across the surface of your cardstock.  Work quickly, the ink soaks in fast, but you can keep adding color until you achieve the look you want.  I even added just a few splatters of color by just shaking the straw over the paper.

The monkey was stamped, colored and fussy cut before he was adhered to the card with foam adhesive.  I made his striped pjs by just coloring them with Copic markers.  I wanted the colors to slightly blend and bleed together so it was pretty quick and easy!


Head over to Alma's blog and to our Member Company Forum on SCS to see all the details of the challenge and find out what other Cat Packers are posting today.  Then go forth and stamp!  Happy Tuesday!


Cardstock: (White) Neenah), (Blu Raspberry) My Favorite Things, Stamps: (Sock It To Me) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: (Black) Marvy, Accessories:  (Rhinestones) Kaiser, Tools: Straw, reinkers (assorted, SU, Memento), Copic markers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover