Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

May 10, 2013

eP Get Altered Challenge

Good morning! It's been a while since I got a chance to participate in the Get Altered Challenge at eclectic Paperie but last week Donna-Marie challenged us to alter a glass bottle - any type! It sounds like fun, no? Well I gave it a try and came up with this. (I'll link all my products in at the bottom of the post!)



I took a jelly jar type canning jar and tried something I've seen a lot of on Pinterest, colored it with glue. It's a pretty easy technique and you can find all sorts of tutorials on Pinterest. I tinted my glue with a reinker so that it came out to be a pretty chartreuse color.



I then added some pretty beads by stringing them on wire and wrapping it around the jar (saw that on Pinterest too!). I also wanted to add something inside to make it not transparent so I used a piece of deli paper, sprayed it with Dylusions ink spray, over a pretty doily mask and then added a but of storing with a fun Unity stamp. Cut to size and added to the jar I love the pattern and texture it adds to the look!


I came up with 2 uses for my jar. First, you can add a little candle in a glass votive (you need the glass votive to make it safe!). I added some wire so that it could be hung - so pretty!

The other use is as a jar to hold all my paint brushes. Not only functional but oh so pretty! :). I was having so much fun that I created a tag to go along with it. I colored the tag first by spraying some ink sprays and water on my craft sheet and them dragging the tag across the ink. I also used tube White Linen spray over the doily mask for a pretty pattern. I added some pretty rolled roses made from Pink Paislee paper - love this pack!!! - and the word "create" by cutting the letters from a magazine. I've tied the tag to my mixed media basket of goodies to inspire me when I'm working, it makes me smile!

I hope you've been inspired to give the challenge a try! Get all the details an lots more inspiration by visiting the eP blog!! Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Your beads are beautiful and I love that your jar is functional too! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover