Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Sep 7, 2012

Grateful!

Hello my friends!! It's posting day for the Avocado Arts Pit Crew Too and we are excited to bring the September stamp set to you!  This set, Grateful Season is so perfect for this time of year - back to school, Fall, Thanksgiving approaching, etc. - but it will be so great all year long!

I was inspired to create a card that would be perfect for the teacher but I also think it feels a bit patriotic.  Veteran's Day is not too far away, and really, it's never too late to say "thank you for your service!"

Pin It

I used Authentique's Glory collection to piece the apple and make the squares with 2 corners rounded.  The apple is perfect for paper piecing, but will look amazing colored too!



I added a bit of burlap with a button to balance the top corner.  I like the black accents picked up from the black ink - gives a bit of pop, no?

Visit these fabulous Pit Crew Too ladies today for more Avocado Arts inspiration!




Photobucket

Cardstock: (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper: (Glory) Authentique, Stamps: (Grateful Season) Avocado Arts, Ink: (Black) Marvy, Accessories:  (Rhinestones) Kaiser, burlap, (Button, Linen Thread) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools: (Corner Rounder) WRMK

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Julie! The apple looks fantastic the way you've paper pieced it. I wish I could've gotten my hands on that Glory collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really neat! Love it Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover