Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 15, 2011

TCP Tuesday with Candy!


Good morning!  Remember I mentioned a few days ago that we were changing things up a bit at The Cat's Pajamas?  Well this week we 're introducing a few of those changes.  First up, Alma introduced yesterday the Pick of the Litter.  With all the wonderful cards and projects we have been seeing from all of you it seemed only fitting to highlight a sampling for you each day!  So join us each weekday on our SplitcoastStampers Forum, or on our Facebook page to see that day's Pick of the Litter.

Today is another change, not a huge one but one I'm excited about!!  I've taken over as the Technique/Supply Challenge hostess for TCP Tuesday since Jen took over the Inspiration Challenge.  If you've read my blog for any time you know I'm not a heavy "technique-y" girl, but I'm going to do my best to bring you fun and inspiring challenges and maybe we can learn a few new things together, k? *grin*

So, today is my first time as the Hostess With the Mostest and our challenge today is to use a non-traditional card making element - CANDY - on your card!  With Valentine's Day just passed, let's get creative with those yummy treats!  I dug into my childrens' stash of conversation hearts.


I think it must have been a few years ago but I do remember seeing Love stamps from the USPS which had conversation hearts on them (yup, I found them here!)  Since The Cat's Pajamas has this super new Love Letters set I was able to make my own by "borrowing" a few hearts from the children. :)   I tried several different layouts but finally went with a pretty simple design.



It seemed the perfect opportunity to use some yummy spring colored felt with the Icing border Cut-Ups die too, isn't that just the perfect swirl?!


 I hope you'll give the challenge a try - and check out the other Cat Packers for some inspiration, they thought of some great uses for candy!  You can visit Alma's blog or TCP's Forum on SCS for all the details but here's a quick rundown of the "rules:"

1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook at the bottom of the page or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keyword TCPTUES146 for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps are not required, but of course, highly encouraged. {Unless it is a challenge calling for a specific stamp}
5. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. They will win $25 in Cat’s Cash to spend at The Cat's Pajamas.

Cardstock:  (White, Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink, Stamps: (Love Letters) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: (Pink) Adirondack, (Black) Memento, Accessories: (Stamp Trio Cut-Ups die, Icing Cut-ups die) The Cat's Pajamas, (Felt) The Cat's Pajamas, candy

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover