Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jan 4, 2010

X's and O's

Happy 1st Monday of 2010! And the first Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge of 2010! This month our challenger is Lisa and the theme is "A Stitch In Time" - we're to use stitching of any kind on our project.  You have almost 1 full month to play along for a chance at some great KSS prizes.  See the KSS blog for all the details.


I decided to jump right into the next major holiday - Valentine's Day!  Several of my projects this week are related to love.  For my card today I pulled out some tried and true Kitchen Sink Stamp sets, Plaid Plus, 3 Step Hearts and Playful Alphabet Buddy.  I had so much fun creating a plaid for my Christmas tag that I decided to try again and how cool that the Plaid Plus set includes a line of hearts which was perfect for my lovey plaid!


For the center "sentiment" I used the large heart from 3 Step Hearts and the "x" and "o" from Playful Alphabet Buddy which I cut out and popped up on my heart with foam adhesive.  They still needed a little something so I added some tiny rhinestones to both letters for some glam!

For my sewing element I went with hand-stitching.  I punched the holes first using a paper piercer and then stitched the "x" across the top and bottom of the card with embroidery floss - which by the way, is 3.5" x 6". 

I love pink and red together! Combine that with some fun hearts and bling - I'm happy! :)  I hope you get a change to play along with the challenge.  Please check out what the other Crew members have to "sew" you - LOL!



Happy Monday my friends - thank you so much for your visit!


Cardstock: Pure Poppy, White, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: Plaid Plus, 3 Step Hearts, Playful Alphabet Buddy (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink:  Sweet Blush, Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Accessories: foam adhesive, Sweet Blush Twill Tape (Papertrey Ink), Taylor's Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), embroidery floss, paper piercer

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Valentine, Julie!! I love the cross-stitched detailing and the bright, cheerful colors!!
    Fabulous work on this fun design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Julie! The cross stitching borders look so cool! I "heart" your design and style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Valentine, Julie!! I love all of the bling, and your wonderful stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just sooo fun, Julie!! I always forget about the letter sets I have...and this is just a perfect card with them!! Fab stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I love this very striking Valentine. Love the way you worked in the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such and adorable valentines card, love all the details and the wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover