Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Aug 6, 2008

Aloha Bonus Sketch!!

It's Bonus Time at Page Plans!! For the month of entire August there will be a bonus sketch each Wednesday - very neat huh?! This sketch was the perfect opportunity to show you another one of the brand new sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps! I adore this set - 3 Step Aloha! The images are so fun - a bit retro and very tropical! I love the plumerias, I could almost smell them as I stamped - lol! When I was in college I went on an 8 week mission trip to Hawaii (I know, you feel bad for me don't you?!). We stayed 2 weeks on Kauai and 6 weeks on Oahu. While on Oahu I spent most of the time in Kaneohe, which, incidentally is where my brother-in-law lives! So I have 2 connections to Hawaii that make me doubly love this set! :)

Ok, enough of memory lane . . .here's my card and it's a bright one! I have been saving this beautiful October Afternoon paper for just the right card and this was it! I just love, love, love it! The hula girl was actually fairly easy to do, here was my palette:

Step 1: Blush Blossom stamped off
Step 2: girl-Blush Blossom, skirt-Pear Tart
Step 3: girl-Desert Sand, skirt-Bamboo Leaves
Step 4: Close to Cocoa

Since the colors I used for the skirt were Memento Dew Drops it was very easy to ink just the skirt using the pointed tip and rounded edges! This image just pops once you add that 4th step, it's amazing!

I added some rafia stitching to the right side of the panel for a little texture and that grass-skirt feel! And on the plumerias I added just a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the new sets from KSS and the bonus sketch at Page Plans. Send me a link if you play along - I'd love to see your creations!! :)

Thanks for visiting today and have a great day everyone!!

Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Kiwi Kiss (SU!), Pink (Bazzill), dp is October Afternoon, Stamps: 3 Step Aloha, Inks: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa (SU!), Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Desert Sand (Memento), Sweet Blush (PTI), Regal Rose (stamped off) Berry Sorbet (PTI), Accessories: Nestabilities, Rafia, Oval punches, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

11 comments:

  1. Love the Plumerias...my favorite flower! I was married in Maui and fell in love with them. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Julie! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, love it!! Congrats on your guest DT spot, you rock! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Love the flowers and all of the detail with that step stamp. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooohhhh! So pretty! Love that paper! *wink!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. *whap!* That's me, smackin' my forehead! I never thought to ink the hula girl in more than one color! DUH! Now I have to go home and play some more! This is so stinkin' cute, Julie! Love the raffia laced through the one end! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this cries out Hawaii - love the bright colors and the rafia stitching rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah OA papers! :) hee hee!
    I ADORE your stitching up the side-cool idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!! I love the papers and your fabulous stitching!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover