Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 14, 2008

Hello Friend!

Good Monday morning!! I hope you all had a great weekend! It's Monday so it's Card of the Week Sketch Challenge time! The sketch this week is pretty straightforward but this means there are tons of things you can do with it - and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Be sure to upload your creations to the Card of the Week Community Photo Gallery for a chance to be the featured artist this weekend!

Here's the sketch created by Page Plan designer Renee Morris-Dezember. That large area in the center is like a wide open canvas!

I pulled out a stamp I haven't used in forever! It's from Stampendous - I just love this cute little Ollie owl. The paper is more from my Summer Matstack from Jillian - there are so many different papers in there! I chose to hightlight the blue in the background paper because the blue added a bit of a refreshing touch to the browns and kept it from looking too fallish. The sentiment is from Birds of a Feather from Papertrey Ink and I colored the image with my Copic markers. I tried to get a bit artistic on Ollie's feathers but looks like I need a bit of practice! :)

I'll be back a bit later today with another sketch card - did you see??? Kitchen Sink Stamps is the sponsor at Card Positioning Systems this week!! I'm so excited to see what the designers over there make with the fabulous KSS stamps! Go check it out and then come back later to see my card! :)

Cardstock: Brown (Bazzill), Bashful Blue (SU!), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Summer Matstack (DCWV), Stamps: Ollie Sunflower (Stampendous), Birds of a Feather (Papertrey Ink), Inks: Burnt Umber (Palette), Accessories: Ribbon (Target), buttons (my button tin), Dimensionals, Linen Thread (SU!), Corner Rounder punch, Copic markers

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with Ollie's feathers...you can't see the texture until you click to see the larger version, then it looks totally cool!! Great job! Very cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the two rounded corners and the owl is too cute!!

    Hope all is well!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!! I too love the rounded corners! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Julie! the ribbon/button treatment & 2 rounded corners give a modern feel to it. this owl is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Julie! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card....I love the images and all those circles on the background. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!! Those colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie - you did a fabulous job!!! I think that stamp is adorable and your coloring and shading is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover