Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 10, 2007

Another DT Challenge

This will be quick. . . . I don't know about you all but the days are just buzzing by so quickly I feel like I barely have time to catch my breath!! Before I know it the clock says noon and then it's oh no what's for supper??? etc., etc. I remember those days before I had children when I was working "a real job" (LOL!!) and the hours would drag on and on forever, I long for that. I was telling my friends on Saturday at my WCMD event that I've taken to calling my van - my "Day Spa" since it's where I relax, where I put on make-up most of the time, where I sometimes get to listen to grown-up music - it's become my oasis! Ha! Sad isn't it. Ok, that was all free! :)

Here's another card from one of our past DT challenges (see this post). This challenge was to create a card with Kraft, White & Soft Sky. I've been seeing a lot of this color combo or close and I love it!!! It makes such a pretty card.

I also had wanted to try one of those cute criss-cross cards by Beate. It was so fun to do! These cards are easy and there are so many possibilities!! For my card I used a Kraft base. I stamped with White Stazon on acetate for the triangle, backing it with Soft Sky. The set is a from My Favorite Things called By the Seashore. This is a pre-release stamp set which at this time is ONLY available if you are a member of Paper Pretties - how cool is that??!! Members who subscribe to the MFT card package get this before anyone else!! I LOVE this set - it really reminds me of Maine and the beach where my parents live. So pretty!! I was happy with how this card came out.

Thanks for stopping by - I guess this wasn't so quick after all, especially considering I started this post at 9 a.m., saved it to finish it later and forgot about it! LOL!! I kept thinking all day long that I had posted it already - oh boy! :) I do appreciate your visit!

13 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty color combo. Your card is so relaxing (even if you're not. LOL.). I love how that seagull on the posts looks in the layered oval tabs. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE this card, Julie! I have since I first saw it! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty color combo! and i love how you added the acetate in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card reminds me of a spa! Love the colors and images are wonderfully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty combo! I love the way you made the tab for the insert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card...love the beachy feel.

    And I had to laugh in agreement regarding "where does the time go!" At least you wonder about dinner at noon, it's usually 5pm before I go "oh no, what are we going to eat?!" :-)

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great criss cross card! I love the tab, colors, everything! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, I love this colour combo! I don't often use kraft but this is one I'd use for sure!! Such a cute card too. I love these crisscross cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the stazon on the acetate. This card is so BEACHY! I also LOVe your new photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover