Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Aug 18, 2007

Petal Surfing

So I saw this card on SCS a couple of weeks ago and thought it was so cute!! It's simply amazing what people are coming up with using the Pick a Petal set, isn't it?? I've seen so many great ideas! Well I wanted to try this out, it just looks so summery.


I used my Spectrum pad for the pink board, Only Orange and Real Red using the rock 'n roll technique for the flowered board, and for the middle board I masked some of the board and used my Chartreuse Palette ink pad, then inked the rest with Tempting Turquoise. The water is made with Tempting Turquoise and Cool Caribbean (I still love that color!!) and I used real sandpaper for the sand. It's a lot of torn layers but they were all necessary! I used SU's now-retired cloud template with Soft Sky and just sponged on the sun with Summer Sun in the corner. The sentiment is A Muse - it's just perfect for so many cards I think! The brads are from Queen & Co., they came in my June Paper Pretties box and gave it a nice finish since I didn't think ribbon was appropriate.

Ok, so here are a few more pictures of our vacation. We took the children miniature golfing one day which actually was quite fun!! It was so funny to see them trying to even swing the club and hit the ball - I love the one with Ethan hunched way over trying to hit the ball in the cup!! LOL!

Today was our last day of vacation so we took the children to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray, Maine. So neat!! They have moose, deer, bear, mountain lions and lots of other wildlife. If you're ever in Maine you should go - it's great for the children!!
Have a great night and thanks for visiting!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I would have never thought of that. So clever. Your take on it is awesome! The colors and sand turned out perfectly, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fantastic, what a great idea for this set. Love your little Tiger Woods in the sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card...TOO cute! Just need to add beachabella and you're set! ;-)

    I LOVE that animal park. We have taken Julia there many times!! She really loves the bears, and of course the Moose! Someday we'll have to take our kids there together! :-)

    Huggs,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those surfboards are the cutest idea. Thanks for sharing it. And your card is darling with all that water and sand and the orange sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card and those photos are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the surf boards! and mini golf looks like lots of fun. :) lexi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card idea, love your blog jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great, great card!
    Looks like your kids are having a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a GREAT idea you had for that card! It's amazing!
    Great pictures of the kids too. We always take my daughter mini golfing too when we are on holidays! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - that card is amazing! And I thought it was wild that someone came up with ladybug wings...but surf boards? Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just the cutest card ever! I haven't seen that set used like this before. . .very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Julie: I just saw your surfing petals card - it is so cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute!!! The card and the photos. Living in FL everything with a beach theme tends to catch my eye. Well the school I work at is so close to the beach our logo is the South Grade Surfers so of course everything with a surf theme jumps out at me as well. This card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover