Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 10, 2007

Photo Book

I took some time yesterday - when I should have been cleaning my house! - to make a little project I've been meaning to try. I have all these beautiful wallet-sized picture of my children but no place to store them in my purse. I don't really carry a wallet, I use my checkbook that has credit card slots, so I don't have any place to display my pictures. When I was cleaning my drawers I came upon the Page Protectors for the Bitty Board Book in the new SU! catalog (it has been in the mini catalogs at least twice also). I thought, now why can't I use those and make a little album?? This may have already been done by someone but I didn't even look so if someone else out there already did this, sorry!! :)


So, here's a photo of how I started. I took 2 chipboard coasters and cut them down to about 3 1/2" tall. The hard part was rounding the corners I cut off to match the other corners - I don't think there's an easy method, I just cut and sanded mine. I took the page protectors and cut some of the side off where the holes are - to about 3 1/4". I then marked the chipboard for 4 holes (you could do any number of holes) and used my Crop-a-Dile (now available from SU!!! Yea!) to punch the holes in the coasters and the page protectors.

I then just decorated my covers, inside and out, sanding the edges and covering them with a few coats of Modge Podge to protect them. I used the new DP from SU! in Soft Sky - isn't this color so pretty? I wasn't sure they could top Cool Caribbean but they did! :) The middle strip uses River Rock (which is so much prettier in person, it is a subtle gray-green, almost a softer celery) and Chocolate Chip. You can't see it in the picture but the top strip of the chocolate is paper pierced as well as each scallop.

Since I do not have Baroque Motifs, I used my Autumn Leaves Flourishes stamps that I won from Jen del Muro last month. It goes very well with the paper I used. The sentiment is one for a Clear G stamp set I won from Dianne. I love how this project turned out - simple, yet exactly what I needed. I bound the book together by using ribbon to weave a binder, this way I can take it apart easily and add more pages if needed. You could also use those silver rings from an office supply store but I didn't have any.

On the inside, I mounted my wallet photos on pieces of coordinating cardstock and again used my Flourishes stamps to make them coordinate.

That's about it! I hope you enjoy the book and if you have one already or make one yourself I'd love to see it! Have a great day and thanks for stopping in!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Julie! Your photo book turned out awesome!!! Great idea using the coasters, and the corners look perfect! Awesome pictures of your cutie kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! This is truly a beautiful album...I love it! And the kids are so darn cute...your little girlies look like mini Julies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful album it is great, and the pictures, well no words needed for those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. Nice colors... TFS!
    Also, you've been tagged... Hope you like to play...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome idea...yoru album is so cool...and the perfect size to carry with you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is just gorgeous! WOW, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, that is soooo beautiful! I will have to make one of those. thanks so much for sharing! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project Julie...turned out beautiful!!! Love all the photos of those adorable kiddos!!

    Huggs,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover