Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 12, 2007

Happy Monday!

Ok, I think I've recovered from a weekend of tax preparation, a fun night stamping with the girl scout leaders, losing an hour of sleep and a busy, as usual, Sunday. I don't know about you, but losing the hour of sleep hit hard this time - maybe it's that I'm 31 weeks pregnant and pretty much tired all the time, but I had a hard time keeping my eyes open yesterday!

Well, I did finally get a chance to do a little stamping yesterday and came up with one card. I didn't follow it exactly, but Amy's Super Sketch Sunday #6 was my inspiration for this card. I only got this set last week and although I've seen a lot of pretty cards made with it, I just didn't have any ideas of how to use it. For this, I stamped the flowers on Glossy paper with Versamark and them embossed with white detail EP (it didn't come out as "detailed" as I would have liked so I may try again with a lighter hand). Then I brayered over the image with Perfect Plum. Since I don't have any of cool scalloped punches I improvised. I cut out my image with my CM oval cutting system, mounted it on the Mellow Moss rectangle and used my paper piercing guide to make a scalloped border (actually, I used the large eyelet holes in the SU paper piercing template, put one hole on the edge of the paper, pierced around it and then moved it to do the next scallop - it was a bit time-consuming but I really like the effect!). I used the same embossing and brayering for the sentiment tag and then used my corner rounder to scallop the edges. Overall I think I like this card, I do like the Enchante paper, the colors are pretty and soft making them calming and serene, which is what I wanted for this card.

Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Mellow Moss, Glossy white, Enchante DP
Stamps: Happy Harmony
Inks: Perfect Plum, Versamark
Accessories: Moss grosgrain, White detail EP, brayer, corner rounder punch, paper piercing template

It has finally warmed up here!! What a beautiful morning we had yesterday - it felt like spring!! Sunny, in the high 40's - loved it! Today it's still warmer but cloudy. I think Spring is finally coming - yea!!! Have a great day - try to enjoy some creative time!

3 comments:

  1. oh, and by the way....have I been calling you Kim on my blog? If I have, I'm so sorry!!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond awesome...one of the best I have seen as of late!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover