Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 22, 2007

Glossy Day

Today's challenge, as many of you already know, is to use Glossy paper with some technique. Since I tried the faux mother of pearl last week I've been wanting to give it another try.

Again, I wish you could see this card in person, it's so much softer and prettier, but I just love this technique. This time, instead of using a brayer, I sponged the color on so that I could use a bunch of colors (I think about 4 or 5!) I also used the crayon resist technique on the image portion of the card and again, sponged on the color to create a sunset-like atmosphere in the background. After I wiped off the white crayon I colored the girls in which didn't quite work very well - the markers don't like the glossy paper. But I think I got enough color to stay on so that I like the effect.

I love this image because it makes me think of my 2 girls, they are 21 months apart and often people ask me if they are twins . . . not that they particularly look that much alike, I guess they just look close in age. I'd love to have a photograph of my girls like this at the beach! Right now they are watching a movie and being really well behaved, so much for my rant this morning! :)

I have my regular stamping night tomorrow so not sure if I'll get around to posting, but thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Glossy white, Whisper White
Stamps: Seaside Sketches
Inks: Black Stazon, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Dimensionals, Lumiere, Pink organdy ribbon, sponges

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love this image too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!! Wonderful job!! I really want to try the faux mother of pearl, but I don't think I brought my lumiere over to Germany with me. Oh well!

    Great job with the challenge!!

    -Jana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover