Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 26, 2007

Doodle This

Jen at i{heart}2stamp has started a weekly Blogger's Challenge. This was the first challenge and I'm so happy that I actually have the set she's using. The challenge is to use the Doodle This stamp set on 2 projects differently and post it on your blog by Friday. What a great idea, huh?

Since my weekend was so busy I didn't actually get a chance to stamp until yesterday but here's what I came up with. I love how this first card came out. I decided to do a square card, it's 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. As I was searching for a color scheme I thought I was going to use Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean & Old Olive, but then I spied my folder of the Spring mini DP. I simply love this paper and once I started playing around with the flower decided to stamp each petal on a different piece of DP and cut it out. I think it came out cute! The big flourishes just seemed perfect for the corners and I used some great olive rick-rack ribbon I purchased at AC Moore last week. I also did some paper piercing on the Cool Caribbean and in the top corner of the Old Olive. The sentiment "Sparkle" is stamped with a Regal Rose craft pad and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP.

Cardstock: Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, Petals & Paisleys DP
Stamps: Doodle This, Warm Words
Inks: Stazon Black, Regal Rose craft
Accessories: Dimensionals, Watercolor brush, paper piercing template, olive rick-rack (non-SU!)

The second card/project had to be totally different from the first one. I have been wanting to try one of those neat trifold cards from a SCS tutorial by Beate Johns. I have seen so many great trifold cards but never realized until I received one as a Bella RAK last week that they were small - only 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 (I suppose if I had actually read the tutorial I would have known that!). Anyway, here's my second card. I decided to use a Bold Bright palette because I also wanted to use this cute ribbon I also bought at AC Moore. It's so bright and pretty and seemed to go well with this flower. I embossed the flower with Only Orange craft ink and colored it in with watercolors. I'm not sure about the ribbon now, I think it may be too wide for the card?? I do like the overall card though, it was a fun one to make!

Cardstock: Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow, Pixie Pink, Only Orange, Whisper White
Stamps: Doodle This
Inks: Green Galore (Craft & Classic), Only Orange craft
Accessories: Bold Bright buttons, Clear EP, Aquapainters, ribbon (non-SU!)

I really enjoyed the challenge! Once again, it helped me realize that if I really take some time and think about it I can come up with original ideas! Sometimes I find myself thinking that I need to case because everyone else's ideas are better - there is plenty of GREAT work out there, but you can create something great too, give it a try!

7 comments:

  1. I've just blog hopped from Jana's blog... I love your pretty cards especially the one with the doodle stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, Love these cards, I just think the Doodle set is gorgeous, might have to try and locate this soon, and the ribbon on your trifold card is super lushious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Doodle cards for the challenge! Both have such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done with the Doodle sets. I also looked back a little since this is my first visit to your blog. (Definitely won't be my last!) The chefabella card you made for your Mom is wonderful! Did Bethie also create your watermark (the one on the Doodle cards)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! Wish I could play along but I don't have that set! Love what you did wtih the first one! And its been fun to come check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooohhhhhh! I didn't know they were posting a blogger's challenge. What great motivation! I will have to go check that out. Love both your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! I really like how you cut the petals out of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover