Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Dec 8, 2010

Play Your Cards

Good morning!  I loved Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch this week - a real classic for sure! So I pulled out some fun Mint Motif stamps and came up with a great masculine card.  Aren't those always the hardest?  We always here people saying, what can I send my brother/father/uncle/husband, etc.??  Well this set, What a Card, from Mint Motif, available only at i {heart} papers, is just perfect!  Actually, it's great for anyone who loves games and cards (which, btw is such a hot trend now too!). 


I picked up another cute 6x6 My Mind's Eye pad, Fine and Dandy True Blue at i {heart} papers and it had this fun numbered paper in it which is just what I needed!  The rest of the card was a snap using the colors from the paper and the great sketch.  Actually, I have to tell you a funny thing . . . I first colored all the chips the same color and it just was looking blah to me.  So my husband came over and said, just color them all different - duh!  I seriously took stamping advice from my hubby  . . . for once!! LOL!


For the vertical element on the side I took a strip of patterned paper, gave it a wonky accordian fold and then stitched it down - pretty simple but it adds a nice little detail element without using the dreaded ribbon on a masculine card *gasp!!*  :)

Thanks for visiting today - hope you have a great day!

Cardstock:  (Kraft, White, Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper:  (Fine and Dandy True Blue) My Mind's Eye, Stamps: (What a Card) Mint Motif, Ink: (Frayed Burlap) Ranger, Accessories: stitching, foam adhesive, Tool:  Copic markers

6 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover