Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 11, 2014

TCP Tuesday - Love You!

Good morning!  I'm playing along with TCP Tuesday this week and Wendy has appropriately challenged us to celebrate LOVE this week!  I think love-y cards are some of my favorite to make! I love red and pink and hearts and bling, it's such a happy occasion.  Check out the TCP Blog for all the detail.

I wanted to make something a bit different, something that would be fairly quick and easy but still full of love. I used Words of Love from The Cat's Pajamas to make a subway art inspired heart.  I did some masking and some reverse masking for this one but it really was easy!


First, I used the negative heart space (from a heart die), layed out my sentiments and stamped them all inside the heart.  The great thing about Words of Love is that it includes some pretty little images you can use to fill in the spaces.  Next, I used the heart die cut to lay over the words and then sponged on the blue around it.  Then I stamped the background pattern using the same blue color which gives it a subtle effect.


To add a bit of interest to the otherwise one-layer card I used the Heart Trio CutUps die and layered on 2 hearts with buttons and bling.  A bit of paper piercing down the side finishes it off.

Want to play along? We'd love to have you share a love-y card with us and you could $10 Cat Cash for your entry!  All the details are in the TCP Member Forum on SCS - hope to see you there!


Cardstock: (White) Neenah, (Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink, Stamps: (Words of Love) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: (Black) Marvy, (Festive Berries) Ranger, Accessories: (Rhinestones) Kaiser, (Sequins) Avery Elle, (Button) Papertrey Ink, (Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools: (Heart Trio CutUps Die) The Cat's Pajamas


1 comment:

  1. This is very sweet GF! I love the sentiments in the heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover