Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jun 3, 2013

Dad's a Classic!

Hello!  It's Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday and I'm here to tell you that next week KSS will be having a NEW release - WOOT!  Yes, it's true, a brand new release from the Kitchen and it's sure a great one, wait until you see!  The sets being released are pretty special, but I'll let Maria explain that to you.

For now, I wanted to get a jump start on Father's Day and what better set to use then Classic Old Truck.  I'm sure I said this before, but when I was little my dad had a '52 Ford Pickup truck (boy does he wish he had kept that!).  This set always makes me think of that truck!


This is a bit different from my usual style, but if you've been following closely lately you'll have noticed that my "usual" style has evolved a bit - maybe not permanently or not completely but playing with some mixed media supplies in my cardmaking has freshened things up a bit and brought some new interest!  I wanted this card to have an aged appearance, like my Dad's old truck so I used a piece of map which I gesso'd lightly.  I then added some splotches of paint and spritzed it heavily with water to make it run and fade.


The truck was stamped using the color recipe from the KSS Forum.  I wanted to keep it b&w so it would stand out from the background.

Stamp 3a - Tuxedo Black, Stamp 2a - Tuxedo Black stamped off, repeat, Stamp 1a - Tuxedo Black stamped off, Stamp 3b - Espresso Truffle, Stamp 2b - Tuxedo Black, Stamp 1b - Tuxedo Black

Head over and visit the rest of the KSS Crew which as of today also includes TAMMY!  She's back and we're trilled to have her with us again!

Connie • Lisa • Lynn • Maria • Tammy


Cardstock: (Black, Kraft) Papertrey Ink, map, Stamps: (Classic Old Truck) Kitchen Sink Stamps, Ink: (Tuxedo Black, Espresso Truffle, Rhubarb Stalk) Memento, Accessories: (Brads) SU!, (Linen Thread) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools: Gesso, craft paint, (Grunge Chevron mask) Prima, 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that truck, Julie and how you did it in all black. I like the silhouetted look it gives it. And thanks for the welcome back...you made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover