Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

May 18, 2013

Future's Bright with Avocado Arts!

This month's Avocado Arts Stamp of the Month set, Future's Bright is super terrific!  What's great about this set is that it covers so many areas - it's great for photographers, scrappers, graduates, students and so much more!!  I had fun playing with the different elements of this set, and the coordinating digital cut file.  AND there are even more Digital Die Cut files and Digital Printable Card Kits that coordinate with this set - check them all out!!

First up is a little mixed media inspired tag that I created as a graduation gift tag.  I was recently creating a different tag and had some ink left on my craft sheet which I cleaned up with this tag.  I set it aside knowing that the perfect time would come - viola!


So since the background colors and stencil was already there I just added some of the great elements of Future's Bright to it!  I stamped the sunburst in the center, masked it and then stamped the "Future's So Bright" sentiment over the square.  Then I lightly drew a box around it to make it stand up from the page a bit.  I stamped a bunch of the stars all over the tag and "Congrats" across the bottom.


Lastly, I stamped the funky glasses on some book paper, cut them out and added them using some Gel Medium.  The "Class of 2013" was added using Avocado Type - love the style of lettering!!

Next, is a fun card using the lightbulb image.  This is pretty much the chalkboard technique but using and image instead of words.  I stamped and embossed the lightbulb onto black cardstock.  I used red and yellow Prismacolors to add some coloring and lines and then sponged on white ink inside the light bulb and around it.


Again, my love of washi tape pops up and it seemed to be the perfect thing to finish this card off - oh and the bling, can't forget the bling!


Finally a little CAS number for you.  I had a seen a card similar to this somewhere (although I cannot remember where!), having a picture hanging from a tiny clothespin, seemed cute!  For my version I used the coordinating Ditigal Cut file and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the Polaroid shape and the "you" for the sentiment.


A bit of brightly colored patterned paper gives a little pop of color and some layered bling and sequins add just the right little touches I think.


That's my line up for today.  Hope you've been inspired by something you've seen and that you'll pop over to Avocado Arts and pick up this month's set, Future's Bright! Thanks so much for checking out my card!


Tag:  Ranger Manilla Tag, vintage book paper, Stamps: (Future's Bright, Avocado Type) Avocado Arts, Ink: (Black) Marvy, (Broken China, Mustard Seed) Ranger, Accessories: (rhinestones) Prima, (Seam Binding) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools: (Calypso Teal, Fresh Lime Ink Spray) Dylusions, (Vintage Lace Stencil) Pink Paislee

Lightbulb Card.  Cardstock: (White) Neenah, (Black) Papertrey Ink, (Lemon Drop) My Favorite Things, Stamps: (Future's Bright) Avocado Arts, Ink: (Fresh Snow) Papertrey Ink, Accessories: washi tape, (rhinestones) Kaiser, Tools: Prismacolor pencils, sponge, white embossing powder

Polaroid Card.  Cardstock: (Kraft, Black) Papertrey Ink, (White) Neenah, Patterned Paper: (Everyday Eclectic) Echo Park, Stamps: (Future's Bright) Avocado Arts, Ink: (Black) Marvy, (Mowed Lawn) Ranger, Accessories: (Sequins) Avery Elle, (Rhinestones) Kaiser, (Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, clothespin, Tools: (Digital Cut File) Avocado Arts, Silhouette Cameo



5 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover