Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Mar 22, 2013

Avocado Arts Day!

Hello! Another great day to play with my Avocado Arts stamps and the set of the month, Spring Medley!  The Pit Crew Too is posting today and I know there'll be lots of goodies for you to see.

My card today is a bit on the CAS side but was so fun to make - it just makes me giggle!


So I thought it would be fun to make this sweet little bunny peep look like a real peep!  My first thought was to color some sugar with food coloring (which my almost-11 year old learned how to do last year at baking camp), but we couldn't find my food coloring pastes - think I may have thrown them out after turning my hand purple one too many times!  So, Plan B - I ran stamped the bunny, cut it out and then ran it through my Xyron sticker maker and dipped it in sugar.  I really pressed the sugar in there to make it stick and make sure it as mostly covered.


Then, believe it or not, I colored the sugar with a Copic marker!  I used the chisel end and instead of coloring back and forth, I just sort of pressed it around on all the sugar so I wouldn't scrap it off.  This probably wouldn't work well for a card you had to mail, but I know some children who would love a card like this in their Easter baskets! *wink,wink*

The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.  I used the grass and cloud stamps from Perfectly Perfect Day and the little flowers are from Avocado Type.  I love how all these great stamp sets work perfectly together !


I'm hoping to get some better pics taken in the morning - photographing a white card at night does not work well, the pink is really a hot pink (not so coral-looking like it looks on my screen).

Here's the list of Crew members posting today and don't forget to visit the AA blog!  Happy Friday everyone.  I'm off to finish cleaning up for my son's 8th birthday party tonight - his first sleepover! Wish me luck!

Kelley Eubanks
Emily Leipart
Tenia Nelson


Photobucket

Cardstock: (Solar White) Neenah, (Hibiscus Burst) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper: LilyBee Designs, Stamps: (Spring Medley, Perfectly Perfect Day, Avocado Type) Avocado Arts, Ink: (Black) Versafine, (Chartreuse) Palette, (Tumbled Glass) Ranger, (Lulu Lavender, Dandelion Angel Pink) Memento, Accessories: (Rhinestones) Kaiser, sugar, Tools: Copic markers

4 comments:

  1. Your card looks delicious, Julie! I don't even eat peeps but I could eat this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool! can't believe you used real sugar- a sweet card indeed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to post about your new design when you post next time. I bet a lot of your readers never visit just read the feed or email. :D I love how open it is now...who made that last design, it was crowded...UGH! HAHAHAHA! Oh the things I have learned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover