Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 8, 2013

XOXO - Emboss Resist

Happy Friday!! We're in the process of getting a HUGE snow storm here today (at least that's what the weathermen are saying - so far, so good!), so what better time to clean the house a bit and then get crafty!  As I mentioned last week, the new Mix-Ability Challenge at SCS happens on Fridays so I played along.  Today's challenge is Emboss Resist which I haven't done in forever!

(All the supplies are from eclectic Paperie and will be linked up at the end of the post.)



I'm calling this my "dirty chalkboard" card - lol!  First, I stamped and embossed (with white ep) the images and sentiments using Cupid's Arrow from Wplus9 on black cardstock.  Then I used Picket Fence Distress Stain and swiped it all over my card to make it appear that the chalkboard was really chalky - you know, like those cheaper kinds of  blackboards that you can never seem to get clean?! :)  Then I heavily sprayed the whole thing with Light Pink Glimmer Mist which you can see better in the close-up photo.


I also used the emboss resist technique to make the "frame" - embossing a woodgrain pattern on kraft cardstock with clear embossing powder and then going over it with a sponge applicator and Distressed Walnut Ink.  The rest of the card was kept pretty simple.  I used pretty paper from the Love Story pad by Echo Park.  While I was in the embossing mode I embossed a chipboard heart several times with red ep, edged it with some antique lace and added a Rhinestone.

Thanks for visiting today, stay warm out there all my New England friends!

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover