Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jan 14, 2013

eP - Get Altered Challenge!

Good morning !  I'm reposting my Get Altered post from the eclectic Paperie blog over the weekend so that you can get in on the challenge before it's over - you have until 1/16! :)   Hopefully you are all aware of  our 1st great Get Altered Challenge, right?  Just in case, check out THIS post for all the details - there's a prize involved peeps!  Scroll down to the bottom of that post too and check out some of the amazing projects people have made for the challenge, very cool!!

Well, I got some new supplies, put my thinking cap on and came up with a little altered canvas that I hope sparks an idea or creative thought in your brain. Mostly I'm a card maker so this was a bit "out there" for me, but it wouldn't be called a challenge if it was easy!!! Try something new, you might like it! (I will link up all the products I used at the end of the post so bear with me)


Ta da!  This was a process, really I started out with no idea what I was going to do.  I had the cute little 6x6 Burlap Canvas (very cool and something quite out of the ordinary!) and some ultra cool new Faber Castel Gelatos but that's about it.  When we had our blog hop with Wendy Vecchi I was sent this Arts Part Bird but I only used the wings (remember my Hope Angel?) so I pulled that out.  I have to say that it really does look better in person.  The color of the bird is more of a pinky-red (not orangey) and it's shimmery and shiney!

I started by covering the bird with some vintage book pages.  I have the Red collection of Gelatos so I used the little stamp that comes in the package and tried some emboss resisting - it doesn't photograph well but it's there!  I mostly used the red gelato and just rubbed it around the embossed area and spread it around with my fingers and a bit of water.  I also did quite of bit of spraying with a pink glimmer mist.


I covered the wing with some paper from Authentique, toned it down with Picket Fence Distress Stain and then added some gold glimmer mist.  Then I went back over the whole thing and added some sponging with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.  I also added some dots using a pencil eraser as my "stamp".


The tag was made with Grunge Paper, sprayed and ink with the same tools. I added a little rub-on detail in the corner and a stamped sentiment.  I opted to just adhere it right to the canvas without much other fuss except the vintage seam binding I had.  Overall I'm pleased, it's very different for me but I love the vintage feel of it and it really was fun to play with new products!

Ok, you have a few more days to get in on the action - the winner will be chosen on 1/16 - get out there and Get Altered!


Photobucket












1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover