*** It's a 2 post kinda day!! Please scroll down for my Avocado Arts post below! ***
eclectic Paperie!! Those of you who know me on Facebook will remember a couple of weeks ago when I spilled the news that my good friend and business partner at Stamping Around, Kim Schofield is the brand new owner of eclectic Paperie - she actually bought a store!! WOWEE, how fun!! And you know what, it's her birthday today (Happy Birthday GF!!) and she's celebrating by having a GRAND Blog Hop! Hopefully you arrived here from Broni's blog!
I'm sure almost all of you have shopped at eclectic Paperie at one time or another. I happen to remember clearly when it opened, it really was fairly innovative in the stamping community and definitely set the bar for other online stamp retailers!! Over the years, Daisy always gave great service and became such a wonderful friend to us at Stamping Around! Well, I can tell you with no hesitation that Kim will continue the great service you've always gotten and she's even got some fabulous ideas about improving and expanding the services - stay tuned!!
A few BIG changes you'll notice today:
- A brand new storefront! It's beautiful, amazing and so easy to navigate!! A true pleasure to shop!
- A new blog look, with the same great content and even more!
- A new eP Design Team!! I'm so excited to join the team, some new, some "not so new"! *wink*
Ok, enough gabber, my projects to day seem a bit solemn for such an occasion but when I received my goodies in the mail the stamp set included was perfect for the request I just received for 6+ sympathy cards! They are always the hard ones aren't they? Well this set, Comforting Florals by Market Street Stamps is such a wonderful set to have on hand!
And card #2
On the first card I watercolored the image using Distress Inks by Ranger, Broken China and Crushed Olive. I simply smooshed the ink pad onto an acrylic blog and used that as my palette.
The white paper is some super neat Inkssentials Surfaces Specialty paper that I had never used. It has a very smooth coating - very smooth! But it seemed to work great with the watercolor and the Copic markers I used on the second card!
The patterned paper is from a new Echo Park line, Sweet Day - LOVE!
How about some specials, prizes, goodies, etc.??
- The first 25 orders receive a free sample paperpack of Carta Bella 12x12 papers
- Mystery Shopper - at midnight on 8/15 oneshopper will be randomly drawn and will receive their entire order for free
- Order the Summer Seasonal Distress Ink set and receive all three coordinating reinkers for free (while supplies last)
- 25% off on select items (these are listed on the eP blog)
Thanks for hanging in onthis long post!! Hop over to Kim Teasdale's now for more and here's the hop list in case you get lost:
eclectic Paperie Blog