Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 27, 2012

TCP Tuesday 220 - Sketch Challenge!

Hello again!! Another week has flown by and it's Friday again.  This week's TCP Challenge at The Cat's Pajamas comes from our Hipster Hostess Amy Sheffer and it's a super cool sketch!  Honestly, it scared me a bit at first - lots of layers! Eeeeek!  Seriously, I've really gotten away from a ton of layers so now they're a bit intimidating. BUT, this is a challenge so I just went for it and I have to say now I love the sketch!

After seeing some of the fun and innovative cards Amy R's been making with The Mustache Set I wanted to try a funky mustache card.  Lots of pattern because, yes . . .lots of layers! *wink*


The paper pad is from LilyBee Designs, it's Buttercup. It has the most amazing patterns and colors and I think it works great for even a masculine card.

I used the Mustache CutUps dies to cut my big mustache (actually I cut 3, 1 from the patterned paper and 2 from thick cardstock, then I glued them all together so it seems thick like chipboard). The Circus Border CutUps die made a great decorative edge and I added some pewter brads to the point. I also used Aqua Seam Binding which matched perfectly!


Check out Alma's blog for the details of this week's challenge and how you can enter for a chance at this week's Cat Cash prize as well as this month's Swanky Stamper title!!  Then come chat with us in the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers.  Thanks for checking out my card today!

Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. Sweet! The mustache is so funny and perfect as a place for the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this sketch, Julie! The mix of patterns is fantastic, and I love the two seam binding ties!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover