Good morning!! It's TCP Tuesday at The Cat's Pajamas and it's my turn to host which means we have a Technique/Supply challenge but this week I'm taking it easy on you! ;) Our challenge this week is elementary - A(nything) B(ut a) C(ard)! Let yourself go wild, try a new template, create a framed work of art, or you could make some little treats for this day of love like I did!
I have 2 different versions of this project today, the second one being what my children actually made for their friends at church. I was hoping to have a quick video tutorial but alas my av skills are quite lacking! Anyway, these cute little mussey-tussey (strange word right?) valentine pops are so quick and easy to make up using the Heart Rosette Cut-Ups die from The Cat's Pajamas.
For this first version I used 2 of the Heart Rosettes and put them together as normal just molding them into more of a cone shape. I made a tag for mine using a stamp from the Love Stinks set also from The Cat's Pajamas.
Here's the smaller version we made using Charm Blow Pops.
These were fairly simple and the children had fun helping! For this version you only use 1 Heart Rosette die cut and you do not cut it (in other words, leave it round). Here's a little picture tutorial for you (click on it to make it bigger):
- Fold the die cut in half going all the way around the rosette - you want all the embossed lines to be pre-folded.
- Start your accordion fold around the rosette. You may have to let go of a few pleats as you near the end, but get them all folded.
- Form the cone by making all the pleats.
- Add your pop (I forgot to say that you may need to enlarge the center hole a bit to accommodate your pop).
- Made leaves using the solid heart from the Heart Trio CutUps die. Cut 2 hearts and glue them together with a thin piece of wire in the center.
- Start wrapping the pop stick with green floral tape. After 2-4 wraps, add in the wire leaf stem and finish wrapping the whole pop stick.
Cardstock: (White) Neenah) (New Leaf) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Stamps: (Love Stinks) The Cat's Pajamas, Accessories: (Peppermint Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, wire, Tools: (Heart Rosette CutUps die, Heart Trio CutUps die) The Cat's Pajamas