Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Nov 28, 2011

Holiday Wishes

Good Monday morning everyone! It's Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday again, something I look forward to each week! As I was searching around for inspiration yesterday I decided to check out the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoaststampers and play along.  This week's Featured Stamper JBgreendawn's gallery has lots of great cards to case, but I chose this one for it's obvious great CAS design.

My card uses 2 different Kitchen Sink Stamps sets, 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe and Multi-Step Gift.



Instead of using a label background stamp (which I don't have) I die cut my Nestabilities shape out of Masking Paper (you can find that in the KSS Store also!!) and then used the negative space as a mask where I wanted the stamping - make sense? Let me know if you'd like a picture of what I'm trying to describe!  Once I had my negative mask, I used 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe to stamp repeatedly inside the area.  I also added a bit of sponging where there was no stamping just to define the area clearly.

My Holly recipe was:
Step 3 - (Handsome Hunter) SU!, Step 2 - (Cottage Ivy) Memento, Step 1 - (Bamboo Leaves) Memento

Berries:
Step 3 - (Cherry Cobbler) SU!, Step 2 - (Red) Ranger, Step 1 - (Lady Bug Red) Memento

The center package image from Multi-Step Gift was stamped and then cut out and popped on the kraft circle. I love this layout - it's very elegant!


Thank you for stopping in today! Don't forget to visit the rest of the KSS Crew today!

Angela • Connie • Lisa • Lynn • Makiko • Maria

Photobucket

Cardstock: (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Natural White) Neenah, Stamps:  (Multi-Step Gift, 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe) Kitchen Sink Stamps, Ink: see above, Accessories: (Ribbon) Kitchen Sink Stamps, (rhinestones) Zva Creative


4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Julie!! I love your reverse masked holly background on the kraft paper! It makes a fabulous stage for your delightful holiday package!!

    You've got me thinking about a 10 minute version for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the added holly behind your beautifully stamped gift package!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love the holly frame! Beautiful CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your background, and your present is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover