Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 20, 2011

More HYCCT!

Good morning! I have 2 more cards to share today that were made for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on SCS.  In case you don't know, it's all in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this month and all the cards made are being sent to the MD Anderson Cancer Center in TX.

My first card is for the Butterflies of Hope challenge. I tried something a bit out of the ordinary for me so I'd love to get some feedback on it!  I used the Lacey Butterfly CutUps die and the Flutter By stamp set both from The Cat's Pajamas. The small dies, Mini Exotic Butterflies are also sold in the TCP store and work so nicely with the Lacey Butterfly!


I first stamped my background paper with the Fluttering By sentiment and then right over that with the tiny butterfly and dotted trail stamps. Next I die-cut the Lacey Butterfly and added a piece of pink cardstock behind the cut-out image.  I used the die-cut, which I held in place, as a stencil and sponged on some dark pink ink over the detail of the die.  I also sponged around the edge of the butterfly to give it more presence.


Once that was done I just assembled the card and added the 2 smaller butterflies with their wings folded up off the card. I used the new Circus Border CutUps die on the side and heat embossed the rest of the sentiment that.  Like I said, it's different for me, but I kind of like it! :)


Next up is a card for the Brave Heart challenge.  I pulled out my Stamping Bella images (which shamefully haven't seen much ink lately) and used Addy 'tude Loves to Sparkle. I thought this image was so fun and girly - definitely good for a pick-me-up card!  Lots of sparkle and bling here too! ;)


The dress was paper pieced but I also added a layer of glitter to it.  For the wrap, I used Fun Flock and a wee bit of glitter. The sketch is FTL#162 from Clean & Simple Stamping.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today!! Have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover