Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Aug 16, 2011

TCP Tuesday - Fun With Felt!

Good morning! It's Tuesday which means it's time for a new challenge from The Cat's Pajamas and I'm you Hostess with the Mostest today! I thought we'd try a Supply Challenge this week - Felt!! TCP has such a wonderful array of Felt available in such pretty colors - you'll have a hard time picking what color to use!!

I have been meaning to make a little pouch for my phone since I got it I. April so this seemed like the perfect time to finally do that! Now I'll warn you, my stitching is far from professional but I was sort of going for the homespun look anyway. I know some of you out there could make this look amazing with your embroidery skills!!  Oh, and my OTT light is out so the color is a bit funky in the photos - it really looks prettier IRL. 

I started with a piece of felt from the Purple People Eater collection. I just developed a simple sack by making a template with paper first. Before I stitched it together I stitched a small pocket with a contrasting felt on the front, the perfect spot for earbuds. I probably will go back and add some embellishments to this side at some point. 

But I concentrated on the back. I used the Sunflower Rosette CutUps die from TCP to cut out a sunflower and 2 leaves. Here is where you'll see my crude stitching but I simply satin stitched a stem and the added the leaves and flower. Before adding the center I added french knots for seeds and the stitched that securely to the flower.


It needed a sentiment so I stamped "Smile" from the Kick Some Grass set and stitched right over the lines with embroidery thread.

There are so many different ways you could make this cute! Think of all the different CutUps dies you could use - waves , clouds, hearts, so many possibilities!! But you don't have to do this project, you can add Felt to your card or other project. Just have FUN!! :)

Check out Alma's blog for the details and add you project to the guestbook there when you're done!! Remember you could win our Weekly Cat Cash prize just for playing or maybe even become the next Swanky Stamper!!  Thanks for visiting today - I sure appreciate it!!






All Supplies from The Cat's Pajamas unless otherwise noted: Stamps: (Kick Some Grass), Felt: (Purple People Eater collection, Mellow Yellow Collection, Green With Envy Collection), Purple Plum Divine Twine

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Julie! Now I want that Sunflower die even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Julie! What a sensational creation! I can't wait to pull out my felt and play! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This little holder thingy is adorable! I love all the stitching. I never was able to get my french knots to look THIS great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover