Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 12, 2011

TCP Tuesday 167 - Watercoloring

Good morning!  It's time again for another TCP Tuesday challenge and I'm the Hostess With the Mostest this week which means it's a Technique/Supply Challenge.  I don't know about you but ever since I got my Copic markers that's basically the only way I color these days!! What did we ever do before Copics??  Well, for one, we Watercolored!  Let's pull out our Niji Brushes, fill them up since the water is most likely evaporated, and get coloring!

I have to admit that my very CAS card took me almost longer than a layered card, mostly due to the fact that I am out of practice watercoloring! LOL!  But there is something so relaxing and therapeutic about using a bit of water and color, it's fun to see things evolve and colors blend. It does take some patience though, waiting for those colors to dry before you layer on more (not my strong suit!!).

Ever since I saw this Nesting set I thought about making this card and since the set includes line art as well as solid image stamps it was perfect for this challenge!


I wanted the birds to have a gradient effect and a slightly messy watercolor finish - it just feel more flowy and free to me, you think?  When adding the Divine Twine for the wire I simply poked holes on either side of the birdies and thread it through.

I hope you'll join us this week and brush up your watercoloring skills - hee hee!  Be sure to visit Alma's blog for all the details and to add your link.  That way you'll have a chance at winning some Cat Cash or maybe even the Swanky Stamper title!  Have a great day my friends!

Cardstock: (White) Neenah, Stamps:  (Nesting) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: (Black Versafine) Tsuekineko, Accessories: (Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools:  Niji Watercolor brush, Watercolor Crayons

5 comments:

  1. What a great CAS card! Love the shading on the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous, Julie! I'd thought about doing something CAS with this set too, but I just haven't gotten there yet! Thanks for the inspiration and reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it lady!!! The effect you were hoping for is definately there- I am totally feeling this card:) Birds on a wire!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Julie. Love those birds and the watercoloring. The Twine is just DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover