Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 27, 2011

TCP Tuesday 156 - A Latte!

Hello crafty peeps!! It's time for another dose of stampy fun supplied by our substitute Hostess With the Mostest Jenny Peterson (she's filling in for Jen while she recovers from a bad burn)!  The challenge this week is an inspiration - check out the great graphic!  Are you a coffee lover?? I sure am - I couldn't start the day without my fresh cup brought to me every morning by my sweet hubby (isn't that awesome?!)  But you know what I also love, vintage!   The vintage coffee tins in this picture reminded me of a great vintage coffee tin I have in my kitchen so I grabbed that and got to work.  Here's a pic of my tin. I love the colors and the great graphics so I used the coffee theme from the inspiration and the colors from my coffee tin.

I used PJ and his cuppa from A Beary Good Year - which really is a must have!!  I actually stamped PJ on a natural coffee filter (the cone type filter), which gave him some neat texture and a nice color!  Once I colored him very carefully with Copic markers, I cut and pieced him on my white panel.  I loved the style of lettering on my coffee tin so I used part of a sentiment from Like You A Latte but then stamped "Latte" using the Nightie alphabet set mimicking the drop shadow by stamping the letters twice. 


I added a bit of stitching around the circle and on the blue dotted panel.  The flowers were made using the Flower Button Cut-Ups die and the rest of my coffee filter.  I cut out about 6-8 of them and crumpled them all up before tying them together with a button and some Divine Twine.


So do you want to play along now?? Check out Alma's blog for all the pertinent details and be sure to pop in to The Cat's Pajamas Forum over at Splitcoaststampers and share your project with us there as well!  Happy Wednesday!

Cardstock: (Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy) SU!, (White) Neenah, Patterned Paper: (Little Boy) Echo Park, My Mind's Eye, Stamps: (A Beary Good Year, Nightie alphbet, sentiment from Like You a Latte) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: (Black) Marvy, (Cantelope, Paris Dusk) Memento, Accessories: (Buttons) (Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, Tools: (Nestabilities) Spellbinders, (Flower Button Cut-Ups die) The Cat's Pajamas, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I LOVE this! SO clever, using the coffee filter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee filter idea is just too cool! Love that vintage tin and the way you pulled the colors, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover