Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 21, 2011

Quite a Pair

Running a bit late this morning . . . which means I'll be running the rest of the day too - LOL! That's ok! I have a fun little number today (lol!) made using some of my new Echo Park papers and Mint Motif stamps from i {heart} papers.  I recently took a trip to a little antique "mall" of sorts in the next town over.  There was a whole basket of vintage playing cards and I was so intrigued by them.  Some of the pictures looked so neat it was shame to leave them just sitting there - especially when they were only $.50 a deck!  I have some projects I hope to try out with them soon but today I thought it would be fun to combine one of the cool cards with What a Card and I've Got Your Number from Mint Motif!



Isn't that Beach Club card just fun?!  The 2 top papers are from Echo Park's Playground line - love it!  The blue one (with the "waves" is from American Crafts).


The Blue Silk ribbon is also from i {heart} papers - I just scrunched it up with some water and then gave it a few squirts of Glimmer Mist to give a bit of depth. The little bling swirl is from Zva Creative - just gives a fun, sparkly touch!


 Thanks for stopping in today - hope you have a great day!

Cardstock: (Spring Rain, Black) Papertrey Ink, (White) Gina K Designs, Patterned Paper:  (Playground) Echo Park, American Crafts, Stamps:  (What a Card, I've Got Your Number) Mint Motif, Ink: (Black) Versafine, (Angel Pink) Memento, (Regal Rose) SU!, Accessories:  (rhinestone swirl) Zva Creative, (Divine Twine), (Button) Papertrey Ink, (Blue Silk Ribbon) May Arts, (Glimmer Mist) Tattered Angels, Tools:  Corner Rounder punch, (Medium Scalloped die) Papertrey Ink


6 comments:

  1. What a CUTE idea, Julie! Fabulous card! I'm going to be keeping my eye out now for old playing cards at antique stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific find, Julie! I love the cards - such a neat sketch and the ribbon is DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card!! Darn, just got back from FL and almost bought some kitschy cards but didn't :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are FANTASTIC, Julie! Aren't you so clever?! You may have started a new trend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! How fun is this? I love, love, love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME!! Great colors...makes me want a vacation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover