Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 8, 2011

Fabulous!

It's week 2 of my month long guest spot with Skipping Stones Design and I'm having so much fun with these beautiful stamps!  I told you last week how I was enjoying the Birthday Purses set and I just had to use it again this week!  We have another great sketch from guest sketch artist Lea Lawson, you can see the sketch on the SSD blog along with all the cards from the design team.


I love this sketch! What a fun way to highlight this pretty pieced bag.  I pulled out some more of my fav Be Mine Echo Park paper.  I pieced the bag first and then stamped it again on white cardstock so that I could color the handle & bow which were then cut out and layered on top of the patterned bag.  Adding the ribbon through the bag handle was just a fun little extra I discovered when laying out the card!  Doesn't that sentiment just bring a smile to your face?  You can hear the accent right? tee hee!


If you'd like to give the sketch a try please leave your link on the SSD blog, I'd love to see what you come up with - you may even win 1/2 off a SSD stamp set! :)  Thanks for stopping in today!


Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper:  ( Be Mine) Echo Park, Stamps: (Birthday Purses) Skipping Stones Design, Ink: (Black) Memento, Accessories:  (Brad) Pink Hedgehog Crafts, (Gingham Ribbon) Papertrey Ink, Tools: (Swirls embossing folder) Provo Craft, Copic markers, Glaze pen, corner rounder


7 comments:

  1. Such a FUN card...love how you teamed up the purse with Echo Park...perfect-o!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Julie! I love the ribbon and the pieced purse. Cute!
    I hope your leg is healing well.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Love the paper pieced handbag! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you looped the ribbon through the purse handle! Great colors too...so glad your playing with the Stamp Tramps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your cute purse and the way you hooked the ribbon through the handle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Dahling, you ARE!! And I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover