Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Oct 4, 2010

New - October KSS Crew Challenge!


Happy October!  Since it's the first Monday of the month that means it's time for a brand new Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge!  This month Makiko challenges us to create a Halloween Trick or Treat project - a treat bag or box, a card or tag, maybe a scrapbook page!  Anything you'd like to do relating to Halloween.  Be sure and visit the Kitchen Sink Stamps blog for all the details, rules and PRIZES!  You have to play to win you know - and this is something everyone can do!!

Now confession time, I totally spaced the first Monday of the month thing . . . I don't know where my head is but I made a card yesterday to share here today and it has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween - I can't even fudge it - lol!  So, I'm going to share my card and then come back later today with my challenge project.  Deal??  I hope you all can pardon the ooops! :)

The card I made uses the new set Mulit-Step Ribbons With a Cause. And since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month I made a survivor card - a fairly simple one but I added a good amount of glitter (applied after I taped down some 1/8" Scor-Tape) and some beautiful pearl accents.  After I finished stamping the 3 step ribbon, I stamped over it with the Step 1 stamp using Versamark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder - it makes it nice and shiny and give it a bit of umph to finished project.

My ink recipe for the ribbon is:  Step 3 - Angel Pink (stamped 2x), Step 2 - Angel Pink, Step 1 - Angel Pink (stamped off, 2x).  I really think this set will see a lot of use! It's so versatile since you can make the ribbons any color you want to coordinate with any cause!  Another wonderful thing about this set is the Ribbons With a Cause Giving Back program at KSS.  This month, for every Ribbons With a Cause set sold 15% of the proceeds will be donated to a Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  For a list of the KSS Spotlighted Causes and Charities for each month go HERE

Please visit the rest of the KSS Crew today - they all will have some fun Halloween projects for you since they all pay attention to the date! LOL!

AngelaConnieLisaLynnMakikoMaria
Cardstock:  White (Gina K Designs), Shimmer Pink (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: Multi-Step Ribbons With a Cause (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink:  Angel Pink, Black (Memento), Versamark (Tsukineko), Accessories:  Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), glitter (SU!), clear embossing powder, pearls (Zva Creative), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam adhesiver

7 comments:

  1. All is forgiven with this beautiful card of hope!! I love the glittery framing and the beautifully embossed ribbon surrounded by pink pearls!!

    I'll be back later to check out your Halloween surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous CAS card, Julie! The extra details like sparkle frame & embossed ribbon make this more special!
    Don't worry about the Halloween project. You can always make one for next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession: I totally forgot too! *giggle You are not alone.

    However...this gorgeous card is another great way to kick off October. I love the sparkly paper and the glittery border. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Juliw!! This is just sooo beautiful...love the papers. and how you emossed the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, the sparkle and pearls really add wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover