Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 2, 2010

Full of Beauty

This week's Tuesday Trigger on the Moxie Fab World blog is this gorgeous photo:



I just got some brand new stampy goodness from Unity (thank you Angela!!) and thought that this set, Moments in Bloom would work well for the challenge.  I love the colors in the photo so I used those and the "nature" theme as my inspiration. 


I started with a piece of Naturals cardstock and stamped it with Distressed Dots from Unity using Marigold Morning ink.  I started at the bottom laying the ink on very heavy and lightened it as I went up the card, stamping off at the very top part.  I stamped the ledger image on Aqua Mist cardstock using Aqua Mist ink and then stamped the fern image several times (stamping off for the lighter ones) using New Leaf ink. 

The flowers are those fun, layered and crumpled flowers seen all over stampland these days.  They could be roses, right? *wink*   I inked the edges of the darker one with white ink and the smaller one with Berry Sorbet ink and added Blush pearls to the center of both.  I hand cut the leaves and crumpled them up before adding them behind the flowers.

It may look black, but the dark layer beneath the main image as well as the sentiment are both Smoky Shadow - a nice charcoal gray.   I probably would not have found this color combo on my own but I love how this one feels! 

Thanks for checking in today friends!  Have a great weekend!

Cardstock: Naturals White, Garden Green (SU!), Aqua Mist, Smoky Shadow, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush) (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: Moments in Bloom, Distressed Dots (Unity Stamp Co.), Ink: Berry Sorbet, Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Smoky Shadow (Papertrey Ink), Marigold Morning (SU!), Accessories:  Pearls (Kaiser), Tools: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Finished Cards Size: 5" square

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Julie. I love how you have incorporated the photo into your design. The flowers you have made are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the worn yellow dots on the background...so cool! Btw, where is the picture of you in your tiara???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! LOve the shabby feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just GORGEOUS, Julie! LOVE those pretty handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card....I love the distressed polka dot background and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Julie, those flowers might be all over blogland, but not that pretty!! These are gorgeous girl, as is your card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful ... love all of the layers of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Julie! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover