Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

May 20, 2010

Prettie Wednesday . . . revisited!

So sorry I never got back yesterday with my Prettie Wednesday card - Wednesdays are our busiest day here and it just never happened! But I couldn't just not post so . . . .  Remember the challenge was to make a card inspired by your blog banner and the 2 sets featured this week are Look Out World and Beach Bum

My blog banner is pretty "girly" I think - or at least not easily translated into a boy-ish card - lol!  But I think I managed to come up with something that works.  I used Beach Bum and went with the basic colors of my blog and the arching shape of my banner.


I scored the cardbase every 1/2" to mimic the background of my blog - the green stripe. I think this little image is just adorable - anyone with boys I'm sure can totally see their little guy here with his goggles and flippers on! *grin*  The waves at the bottom are just the negative space of a scalloped border - love that dp!

Thanks for coming back today!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cardstock: Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink), White (Neenah), Patterned Paper: Woodland Collection Mini Dot (TCP Studios), Stamps: Beach Bum (Paper Pretties), Ink: Memento, Accessories:  Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Copic markers, Medium scalloped die (Papertrey Ink), rhinestones (Taylor's Tiny Twinkles), Clear Glaze pen

5 comments:

  1. Cute, Julie! Glad you got a chance to stamp. This image totally makes me giggle! Fab coloring! Love how you used the negative of the scallops to create the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! love that image! the waves are too perfect at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just TOO cute, Julie! I LOVE the colors and this is one of my FAVE PP stamps! I just love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Julie, and great take on your banner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover