Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 15, 2010

It's Jana's Day!

It's been a while hasn't it?  It's been almost a month since we celebrated a Prettie Girl's birthday!  We can't have that!  So let's party today with Jana - it's her birthday!! :) I'm so thrilled to say Jana is my friend - not just a pretend one, but a for real one!  It's been a while since we've met up but hopefully this summer we'll catch up while she's here in Maine!

Ok, enough talk, let's party!!  You need to start the birthday hop at Christie's and then end on Jana's so that you can leave her some birthday love!  I had to pull out Sassy Shoes - I just love these images!! (sorry, I think it must be sold out!).  The layout is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #69 and the dp is some yummy My Mind's Eye  As you can see I paper pieced the main part of the shoe.  Love those big dots!!  The rose was also paper pieced and has a bit of chunky glitter added for some drama!

The sentiment is actually in 2 parts and it's from Bubble Time and I stamped the flower again under the sentiment with Sweet Blush ink.  The rest of the sentiment is on the inside of the card - it seemed very appropriate for a birthday!

Ok, so take a hope over next to Jackie's blog and be sure to wish Jana a Happy Birthday at the end!  Have a wonderful day my friends and Happy Birthday dear Jana!!


Cardstock:  Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye Stamps: Sassy Shoes (Paper Pretties), Ink: Black (Memento), Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink), Accessories:  Copic markers, Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Ribbon (Papertrey Ink) Glitter (Martha Stewart, Foam adhesive, corner rounder

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Your paper piecing is fab and the chunky glitter is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Can't wait to see you again soon! LOVE this card - just gorgeous!! The glitter on the rose is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see why this set would be sold out - LOVE IT!!!!! What a fabulous shoe. Love your card and the paper piecing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I wish I had those shoes! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - Sherri and Elizabeth of THE VIEW would absolutely love this shoe. And . . . it goes without saying any stamper would be envious of your work. Jana and I are making plans for her "southern swing" before she has to fly out of Portland near the end of June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - sooooo love this card; the colors, the show, the flower, the chunky glitter - WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie! This card is so yummy! I love all the great big dots too, and the way you used the sentiment, its just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this card. I like how you did the shoe with the paper and then accented it. Way cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover